Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BA - Mech 1000&1500 pts - Help vs Heavys!

After playing with different BA styles (Storm Raven drop a lot of DC, DC + Sang punch to face, Tactical/ DS'ing RAS) I think I have found the list I like the most. After much help from the people here I came up with my mech BA list with RB's with TLAC. Which I have to say are remarkable. TLAC are great well rounded weapons that really opened my eyes to all their multiple uses.

Also the Baal Pred seems to draw most of the fire but I guess that's a good thing so my RB can get closer...

Here are the lists. My 1000 point list is pretty much what I want set in stone and was extremely fun to play.

My 1500 point list could use some help since it's 175 points too low... Some of the things I was thinking of putting in to fill that 175 point deficit:

Librarian HQ
Dreadnaught + Pod
Another 5 RAS + TLAC RB

Had some people advice me to put some more heavy support like Devs or TLAutoCannon Dred(s). I'm leaning towards the Devastator Squad... or Dred

Thoughts? Advice on my lists? Also, how would my list go about dealing with a land raider? Just focus TLAC shots on it?

Edit:
Ok so I know now that my guys have a super hard time killing anything that has 13 or 14 armor. I couldn't for the life of me kill a Land Raider or Venerable Dred. After getting immobilized, weapons destroyed, and stunned a couple times I finally got Multi-Melta RAS out and close enough to be able to pop the LR. Never killed the Ven Dred...

So...I need some help with both my 1k and 1.5k list to be able to take care of high armor units. Also I was told that I should run a Storm Raven + something instead of low Razors because I can drop off threats almost guaranteed wherever I want. I really like the Razors though and think I can handle better if I had more heavy armor killers...

Thoughts?

1000 point list
--------------

Reclusiarch
Death Co. Squad
Transport: Razorback
TL Assault Cannons

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters

Assault Squad
Flamer
Sgt: Hand Flamer
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
Sgt: Infernus Pistol
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Assault Cannons

1500 point list
--------------

Reclusiarch
Death Co. Squad
TL Assault Cannons

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters

Assault Squad
Flamer
Sgt: Hand Flamer
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Assault Cannons

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok so I know now that my guys have a super hard time killing anything that has 13 or 14 armor. I couldn't for the life of me kill a Land Raider or Venerable Dred. After getting my Razors immobilized, weapons destroyed, and stunned a couple times I finally got Multi-Melta RAS out and close enough to be able to pop the LR. Never killed the Ven Dred...Maybe just hunter-killer missles all over the place?

So...I need some help with both my 1k and 1.5k list to be able to take care of high armor units. Also I was told that I should run a Storm Raven + something instead of low Razors because I can drop off threats almost guaranteed wherever I want. I really like the Razors though and think I can handle better if I had more heavy armor killers...

Thoughts?

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Put a TL LC on a RB and give sgts powerfist or meltabombs. I think you sell yourself short by not taking a Jump Pack squad. Decent of Angels is pretty sweet ot get a melta gun where you need it.

Also RB can't assault out of and move so a little limited on moving and assaulting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
A single TL-LC won't do anything to a Land Raider, mathematically a TL-AC is better but that's neither here nor there, they're both lacking - you need some dedicated melta in there, either meltaguns or multi-meltas. Also, in this kind of list you want to keep your small delicate RAS in their transports always; move, fire, move, fire etc. 5 man RAS with a PF are pretty poor since they struggle to survive long enough to swing at I1. I keep my 5 man Razorsquads inside their Razorbacks unless they are popped. Also, I run them with power weapons & melta bombs since I figure I'm likely to only get 1 or 2 turns of combat & I want that power weapon doing some realistic damage. If you wanted troops to take out tanks then a Librarian leading a 5 man RAS with meltagun and infernus pistol is ok, Librarian can use Blood Lance & you have effectively 3 melta/lance weapons, though it's a lot of points for a suicide squad. My recommendations would be:

I'd drop the DC in a Razorback, not really effective, I'd probably run a Librarian (or just keep the Reclusiarch although it's not as competitive) but I'd put him with the RAS, with the points saved I'd get 2-3 multi-melta attack bikes. That should sort your AV13-14 problems out. Good, solid anti tank :)

Good luck

Dallas

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you think that's enough? Maybe take a RB out and JP a Melta/Infernus squad. Sad thing is though if I jump in and aren't even 6" close enough to his LRs to fire my Infernus Pistol... DS even with DoA is risky to use as my anti-tank method IMO.

So without changing the list too much putting TL LC on my RB sounds good. Sgts PF I think will just result in the same problem I have had with using Infernus Pistols. While I am trying to get in close my RBs that are some of the only things to get shot at will be immobilized/ stunned/ shaken etc. So I've found that it is quite tough to use stuff inside my RB as my anti-tank. Thus leading me to require more ranged threats to their AV13/14 vehicles.

TL LC RB's will probably be the best bet to not having to change my list...

Any other thoughts?

@Dallas: I like the idea! Yes, I noticed that my DC+Reclu are so awesome and pound some face in if they get the jump but if their black and red flashy transport RB get's popped and they get charged it goes downhill from there... I like the attack bike ideas, I gotta check that out and look more into it. So far before that idea was thrown out there I was thinking Preds with Las Cannons and RBs with Las Cannons instead of ACs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts