Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this army was designed to deal with horde armies. While still being able to deal with some armour.

HQ

Capt-infernus pistol and melta bombs.

Troop

Tactical squad x10-melta gun, heavy bolter, Sgt-combi-melta, power weapon and melta bombs

Death Company x10-power fist, hand flamer, infernus pistol and jump packs

Death Company Dreadnought-blood talons and magna grapple

Elites

Sternguard x5-combi-melta, powerfist

Transport

Razorback-twinlinked lascannons and hunterkiller misslle

Fast attack

Baal Predator-heavy bolter sponsons

this list is exactly 1500 points. The Sternguard and Captain ride in the Razorback so that they dont have to footslogg accross the table. Let me know what you guys think.

-cheers!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Aside from the scoring issue.

Reclusiarch > Captain when DC are in the list (in fact he's a better choice all round IMO).

1 x AV11 Rhino & 1 x AV12 Dread? Easy peasy for any armies anti tank.

Get 2 DC Dreads if you have 10 DC. 10 DC is not really cost effective & the hand flamer is not really any use.

The Sternguard have 12'' combi-weapons so why give them a 48'' weapon on their Razorback? Assault Cannons or H.Flamers here IMO. I run my Sternguard's Razorback with a H.Flamer so they don't get bogged down.

Dallas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks for the heads up on the DC dreads and the razorback. I will make the changes to this list, the idea i had for the Razorback was to go tank hunting after it droped off the sternguard squad.

·
Registered
116 Posts
10-man flying death company should be led by Chaplain/Reclusiarch/Lemartes or dropped altogether 'cause it's a big point sink. You can almost field 20 normal assault marines for the same price.
Captain without special weapon doesn't use his many attacks the best way.
5 combi-meltas for 5-men squad are overkill, IMHO.
Razorback may be better with with TLAC. One 48" shot is good, but not enough ranged antitank for 1500pts anyway so you'll probably like to move forward as fast as you can, and in its range TLAC is better than TLLC (even for tank-hunting).
Tactical squad without transport and two meltas is far too slow. It needs a transport. You may also consider giving it a Razorback and leaving ML-carrying combat squad behind (I like versatility of missile launcher more than infantry killiness of heavy bolter).
Not sure magna-grapple is wise for DC Dread since it isn't drop-podded.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts