Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning on getting Blood Angels, so here's the list I've come up with so far.

Astorath the Grim

5x Death Company w/ jump packs, 1 power sword and 1 hand flamer

Devastator squad, 5 marines w/ 4 missile launchers

750 pts

So, I was thinking, join Astorath with 1 Death Company squad, and 1 squad for each flank to chop up the enemy, while the devastators either pummel infantry with frags or vehicles with krak (gotta love the versatility:biggrin:).

So what do you think, is this a good list or do I need more models?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran an all Death Company army at a tournament recently, it did okay, but you definetley need more units. 16 models will be eaten up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So what do u think I should do, drop devastators and 1 or 2 DC, and get an assault/tactical squad, or should I just scrap Astorath and 1 DC squad and get a librarian and some other troop choice (I want to keep the devastators for anti-vehicle/horde)?

Edit:Just wondering, how would I get eaten up? I could take out most vehicles at range with krak (not going to be many AV14 vehicles at 750 pts), whittle down most infantry squads by quite a bit, while with my DC and Astorath, I'll probably get the charge thanks to jump packs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Drop the devastators and try infernus pistols and flamers. Try to add tactical and/or assault squads. A clever player can use the Black Rage rule against you and have your entire army chase around one single unit the entire game.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I've changed the list to:

Astorath the Grim

5x Assault marines, sergeant w/ power sword and melta bombs, 1 marine w/ hand flamer

750 pts

This way, I've got a fast force where I could set Astorath and the DC up near something I want to kill, so they'll head that way, while my assault squad supports them/take objectives/go after vehicles with melta bombs, maybe detach Astorath if I need to and have him kill vehicles (since he hits at strength 6:)), though I'd rather have him boost the DC squad he's in (also Talthewicked, 2 special characters are a bit much for 750 pts, so I might get him for 1500 pts).

So, what do you think of this, will it work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts