Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, before the onset of 7th Edition and Unbound armies and in conjunction with two shiny new Drop Pods, here's a small list that's going to see some action on Monday against some Necrons.

Librarian

Priest w/ Power Sword

Furioso w/ Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer in a Drop Pod

8 man Assault squad w/ Flamer, 2x Hand Flamers in a Drop Pod (Priest and Librarian go here)

10 man Assault squad w/ 2x Melta Guns, Power Fist in a Drop Pod

It's pretty straight forward, depending on what comes up on table it's either the Fragioso and the HQ or the Fragioso and the Melta squad. The Melta squad is going to be mostly useless against this opponent (it's actually my army he's using, there's no vehicles...yet...), but it remains anyway. Were I to take this list out against anything else I would play it this way in case I come up against some heavy armour.

....a 500 point Unbound list that I have been thinking of is two Fragiosos and a 5 man Assault squad with Melta Gun and two Infernus Pistols all in Drop Pods. I think it would be hilarious.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Well, looks like fun. If he's using your army he's probably new, so just go for it!

For unbound I'm thinking 2000 points of furioso dreadnoughts :crazy: But my wallet disagrees...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If he's using your army he's probably new, so just go for it!
Oh, it's happening. I just like sharing! He's new to 'Crons but not new to the game, last time he used them he won me out in the Relic against me using the new Astra Militarum. Still, dropping a Furioso down in front of a 20 Warrior blob with attached ResOrb Lord is a tough call. Might have to go full on with the templates on the one unit.

For unbound I'm thinking 2000 points of furioso dreadnoughts
5 Fragiosos in DPs is 850 points. Alas, while I own 4 Dreadnoughts only two are Furiosos...maybe one day. Though I think from a tactical perspective you could do better.

Absolutely no anti-air though...
Fuck it! There can be only so many fliers, eventually they're either off board coming back for another run (or losing out a Victory point, or uselessly trying to turn around to prevent a Victory Point) or in Hover mode and vulnerable to Power Fists.

That was a lot of 'or'.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeet.
:laugh:

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Though I think from a tactical perspective you could do better.
Oh absolutely. They're the only unique unit (the others are sang. guard and death co.) that we can't have a whole army of though, so it'd be nice to try it out.

I'd definitely have to borrow like everyone at the club's dreadnoughts though.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, here's an adjustment so that I can use more painted models than unpainted:

Librarian

Priest w/ Power Sword

Furioso w/ Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer in a Drop Pod

8 man Assault squad w/ Flamer, 2x Hand Flamers in a Drop Pod (Priest and Librarian go here)

10 man Tactical squad w/ Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter in a Drop Pod w/ Deathwind Missile Launcher
Works out to being the same thing points-wise. Think I'll go with Sanguine Sword and Unleash Rage for powers, Sword in case I need to try and Instant Death the Necron Lord...though as I type that I realize he has a Force Sword, so why the hell bother with that. I guess it would be nice to have my Libby at S10 for those 2+ wounds, but if I'm charging (and I will be, unless my buddy decides to make his blob Relentless with the Phaeron upgrade) he'll be at S5 thanks to the Priest anyway. Now I'm thinking either Smite or Blood Boil for those too-far-to-bother-chancing-Overwatch-but-still-within-12" sort of moments. I'm not going to be facing anything shooting that will take away my armour save, so Shield of Sanguinius is out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts