Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, ive planed a kind of mix that i think may result succes, some changes can be done(like drop flamer from dread and make the predator a vindicator, though i dont like it anyway) still but i think the list is pretty much done:

HQ

-Mephiston.............250 points

Elites

-Furioso Dreadnought with blood talons and heavy flamer in drop pod....170 points.

-Furioso Dreadnought with blood talons and heavy flamer in drop pod....170 points.

-2 Sanguinary priests.......100 points(going into the razorbacks).

Troops

-10 assault marines with 2 meltas and power fist............235 points.

-8 Death Company marines with a power fist in drop pod......220 points.

-5 assault marines with a flamer in Razorback with twin linked heavy flamer(ill try to take advantaje blood angels get this flamer instead heavy bolter for free, so they are the best at using it being fast) ...........125 points.

-5 assault marines with a flamer in Razorback with twin linked heavy flamer...........125 points.

Heavy Support

-1 predator autocannon lascannons sponsons..........135 points.

Well i think the list is pretty fine, ill take mephiston behind one of razorbacks if i need, the small squads are to use flamers against hordes and protect the priests, anyways the heavy flamers on the dreadnoughts could be put into combi flamer for the priests so i get more flamers at same site, but i think with the razorback ones and the squads are ok, then dreadnoughts dropped where they needed antitank or antihorde( antitank the melta and well yes S6 with the talons but for rear AV is still nice).

Furiosos with drop pod as they are better close :), they drop turn one thx to the DC pod that keeps waiting reserves.......unless i need em at first turn depends on game ;).

DC not much expensive to make them work nice(pretty much sure about giving em bolters so they are effective the turn they comes with the drop pod, anyways they can always assault firing bolters ^^).

Predator to attract fire and help supporting the dreadnoughts and razorbacks, plus BA predator can enter in stepped deployment and still fire all the weapons( i was taking devastators as they better to MC but now i think this is better option to support all AVs and harder, plus for the MCs there is mephiston and in last the power fists).

Well tell me what u think about and what u would change(i think no much more from this), thxx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like your list. Very solid at 2k. What would you drop to take it to 1750 or 1850 do you think.

I was thinking the Death Co. ?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The problem your going to run into i think is that besides your pred, you have a 12" anti-tank range. Your going to run into trouble with armies that have tank heavy lists. This is just something you might want to experiment with if you can. but i think you will get more use out of maybe two speeders w/ MMs than one of your 5 man assault squads. Or really anything to give you alittle more long range armour punching power. Aside from that looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The problem here is that Mephiston works best in mech lists, all I would need to do is pop that Razorback and then throw everything at Mephy, he will go down at 2k.

So, if you want him then you probably need to build a list around him & go for more mech, even a LR to hide him behind.

Dallas

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem your going to run into i think is that besides your pred, you have a 12" anti-tank range. Your going to run into trouble with armies that have tank heavy lists. This is just something you might want to experiment with if you can. but i think you will get more use out of maybe two speeders w/ MMs than one of your 5 man assault squads. Or really anything to give you alittle more long range armour punching power. Aside from that looks pretty good to me.
Thx for ur commentary, im just thinking about it atm but anyways i would just put a landspeeder there with melta to drive fast and attract some fire(like the predator) while Dreads drop and razorbacks advance, and if its possible to take some armour at medium distance.

The problem with the assault squads is that those squads are protecting the priests and they are so nice for antiinfantry( they are made for rentabilice points mostly and help with objetives also, razorbacks can get the flamer free and squads of 5 getting the 35 points disscount is nice).

Yes i could be lacking antitank from distance, but ill try to catch em up or split the squads and get the 2 meltas in one and the punch in the other. I can also use the base grenades they have they are not bad(S6) even the small squads must do well with rear AVs( what is that count in cc) and most tanks have AV10. Walkers are for the pf or meltas and Mephiston will welcome em also.

Thx again for ur comment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem here is that Mephiston works best in mech lists, all I would need to do is pop that Razorback and then throw everything at Mephy, he will go down at 2k.

So, if you want him then you probably need to build a list around him & go for more mech, even a LR to hide him behind.

Dallas
Thx for your comment, yes he works better and better each tank u add, the problem is that even in 5th edition i think blood angels must go at least in fair part with infantry, and i dont want to get Mephi out, i think is much usefull for many things( repelling phsycic powers , killing Mc or Walkers, IC, etc) and not that weak at all (T6 5W salvation 2, infantry looking so he can hide better).

Yes it can happen, but i would think many times as you need to get a result of 6 when killing the razorback and get the vehicle far away when exploding, otherwise the vehicle still cover him that turn( and probably it would have been moved first turn as if my enemy starts i will try to hide behind scenography or the predator, if its my first turn it would have used the smoke launchers so not invincible but a bit harder), being fast i dont need it much more than 2 turns. If it happens, still the guys are supposed to give him a cober salvation of 4 with bit of luck. And well if this fails omg is the game always something is going bad or not prepared for all the lists ppl can make ;), in that case ok he will absorb fire that they are not shoting in rest of army that could be easier to kill( hardly but hey at least...).

Having 2 furiosos dreads in your back probably wouldnt let much u think about shotting at front, or at least u will think on it and divide some fire.

Again thx for the comment, ill try to take care of Mephy as much as i can ^^.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like your list. Very solid at 2k. What would you drop to take it to 1750 or 1850 do you think.

I was thinking the Death Co. ?

What are your thoughts?
Hard to say it has been kinda hard to fit all the units, but yes even im fan of DC( i know most ppl not but well they have fnp and fc always and can fire bolters and assault) probably i would drop em, but ur dropping only one dread at 1st turn now, so maybe u would have to think on remaking some things.

Thx for ur comment, gl cya.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ive thought about 2 more possible lists, so the first one is the nº one, the others are a few variants from the nº one:

- List number 2: will be drop the heavy flamers on dreadnoughts( 20 points), a death company guy ( 20 points) and drop a pf to a pw in one of the assault squads ( 10 points) to get a bike with melta canon.

- List number 3: will be drop a death company guy ( 20 points) and drop a pw in one of the assault squads to give the 2 5 guys small squads power weapons so when they assault they can get those nice helpful 4 attacks S5 I5.

I tried to mix some power weapons now as i can take advantaje from the I5 but maybe i low the AT, that could be replaced some way with the bike.

So what u like more, list 1, 2 or 3? thx

·
Registered
341 Posts
hmm, i would think option 3 would be the best if i had to pick one, i wouldnt have 1 lone bike--- but if i wanted something like that i wuold go for a deepstriking landspeder with MM. Personally i would drop the heavy flamers on the dreads and convert a power fist to a PW in a squad of assault marines and equip them with flamers (when playing against orcs, genestealers etc.) id probably have to drop a DC guy to have enough points to get a LS in there for added Anti Armour behind enemy lines. Just personal- of the 3 options i would pick 3, but that assault squad will lose its punch (no pun intended) in cc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts