Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after some recent purchases, the list i'm planning on using is as follows.

only thing i'm tempted to do is remove a JP priest and the raorback RAS and add a sternguard with PF/ 1 combi melta in a razorback and then i have some point spare for something .

here it is!

dante - solid HQ, with the SG

troops

assault squad 10 marines PF 2 meltaguns- follows behind LR anti mech
assault squad 5 marines PW/ IP w/ razorback - follows LR
sanguinary guard chapter banner 1 PF 1 IP -DS with dante somewhere nice
tactical squad 10 marines lascannon meltagun w/ razorback- combat squad, lascannon on home objective, other CS with melta follow LR

elites

3 sanguinary priests 2 JP 1 w/ terminator RAS and terminator
terminator assault squad 2 TH/SS w/ LR death star unit, coupled with SG, can take out anything
furisio lib - WoS, BL, anti psych and nice in combat

only things i see as a real weakness is the lone LR, that's why i'm tempted to drop a RAS w/ rb for sternguard in a rb and spend some points on more IP's for Seargeants and LR stuff for less target priority.

decided to go for vanilla LR instead of crusader, as i felt i needed the lascannons/ TL hb.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'd trade the Tac Squad/Razorback for Tac Squad/Rhino, Convert RAS/2 flamers into RAS (5) x1 Infernus Pistol/Sgt Infernus/Power/No Packs Razorback. Drop the Jump'Brarian, and convert him to a furioso Libby - more staying power, greater flexibility. Wings of Sangy to keep him with the jump squads.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why have Dante and not go all jumper?

Solo Land Raider is an obvious target, as are your only two other vehicles.

SG and Termies are expensive, you really can't field both and have an army to go with it. Pick one or the other. I recommend Dante and jumpers since Vanilla does Termies in a LR better.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do partly agree, but i don't agree with the either SG or termies, i think 2 death star units can only be a good thing.

i do agree about a landraider but i want to somehow include one as i plan on making a RC (remote control) one and would just like an excuse to use it. ( look up bobpanda's on youtube, so cool), and i thought termies would be nice in them.

although i could just drop the termies and take it with a RAS and somehow include another one so it's not just the lone LR.

i'll have a wee think, but thanks for the fruit for thought!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts