Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this weekend there is a tournament here where i live and there is going to be some nid, maybe guard, some eldars some marines a tau and something like that.

The list is as follows:

HQ

Mephiston........250 pts.

ELITES

2 Sanguinary priests..........100 pts.

Libby dredi with wings and shield........175 pts.

Libby dredi with wings and shield........175 pts.

TROOPS

5 assault marines with power weapon and melta in razorback with twin linked heavy flamers......145 pts.

5 assault marines with power weapon and melta in razorback with twin linked heavy flamers......145 pts.

5 assault marines with power weapon and flamer in razorback with twin linked heavy flamers......140 pts.

5 assault marines with power weapon and flamer in razorback with twin linked heavy flamers......140 pts.

10 assault marines with thunderhammer and 2 meltas............240 pts.

10 assault marines with thunderhammer and 2 meltas............240 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 devastators with 4 missile launchers..........130pts.

Rifleman Dredi 2 twin linked autocannons......120pts.

All criticism welcome, thx in advance guys cya.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine is sort of like yours, still working on it but it goes like this

1x Mephiston
3x Sanguinary Priests/Motorbikes

6x Marines w/ flamer + Razorback w/ TL Lascannons STBolter & HK missle
6x Marines w/ flamer + Razorback w/ TL Lascannons STBolter & HK missle
10x Marines w/ flamer & rocket w/ Rhino STBolter & HK missle
10x Death Company w/ Lemartes & Jetpacks
1x DC Dreadnought w/ Blood Talons
1x Baal Predator Assault Cannon and dual Heavy Bolters
1x Predator Autocannons and Lascannon Sponsons
1x Dreadnought w/multi melta and Blood Claw w/Storm Bolter

fewer marines but a little more armor. i get picked on for the Priests on Bikes but i think they work pretty well

·
Registered
990 Posts
I like the list, Mephiston is ok, I'd just run him up the middle of the board & expect my opponent to over compensate trying to kill him. I think I'd probably prefer a Reclusiarch in the RAS and a Librarian riding in a Razorback but it's still fine to take Mephiston.

Libby Dreads will need to run with Blood Lance & Wings; however, for those points you take a tooled up melta Honour Guard or nearly a Terminator Assault Squad with ride. My advice is to drop them & get a hammer unit, your RAS are too fragile at 5 man units, plus they're 2-3 KPs a go so you don't want to be feeding them to nasty hth units, priests or not.

Also, you could do with maybe leaving a few Razorbacks with Heavy Bolters, if you run Heavy Flamers then you have two choices: 1) get forward to use the H.Flamer & risk the squad or 2) Hang back and don't use the H.Flamer. Don't get me wrong, I think they are great for clearing objectives and killing bugs but all 4? Not really necessary IMO.

No fast attack?! My favourite units are fast attack.

Heavy support is fine.

Dallas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts