Assault Marines 10 man- Flamer x2

Tactical Squad 10 man- Plasma gun Missle Launcher - 180
- Land Raider - 250

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Heavy support

Dreadnought - 2x autocannon - 120

The past couple of days I have been trying to flesh out a Blood angels list to start building and after all the work this is what I have come up with.

The preds use scout to get into place and blast the hell out of everything and cause a big distraction. during this time the LRC and the assault squads move up field with the two priest, the whole time the libby is using the sheild also making them hard as hell to kill, also using melta to pop transports and the likes while moving up field. The land raider dread and tact squad sit in the back field blowing away all that they can shoot at. The list is pretty straight forward with a good mix of mid and close range fire. Tell me what you think and thanks for all the input you can offer.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
you have 6 terminators there but only pay for 5. little detail only nothing major :)

HQ and elites are very nice. The only problem I can se with them is a deathstar unit like that will be hit or miss. I was trying an identical set up for tournament playtesting and they were only good against defensive hold back armies. try it out against a few armies if you can.

Troops are nice. Personally I'd try and make one an anti horde unit with two flamers instead. Or one flamer one power weapon fro the same points. but the redundancy of 4 meltaguns is good too. Tactical squad I think is good enough. Great for simply holding objectives. I think putting a bare bones assault squad in it would be better though as you save 115pts by doing that. you could get another baal for that or 2 multi melta attack bikes and a power weapon for that.

Fast attack I think the heavy bolters are uneccessary. If you're moving 12" then you won't be firing them. best to keep them either bare bones assault cannons or maybe add extra armour. unless your plan is to drive them up to a good position and hold them there.

Heavy support is good. those things are great at popping transports, princes, tau suits etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I planned on ridding the preds up somwhere nice with scout and letting them rip appart and not have to move that much so the bolters could work. With the deathstar unit I like it becasue it pulls so much fire from the enemy that others things can make a run for it, plus if it was a guarntee win with it that would be no fun, challenege is the main reason I want to play this game :D As for the tactical squad replaced with a assault my problem with that is they offer no back feild fire power. The tactical squad and shoot at advancing units coming down the field and give me some anti infantry with missle launchers. I could be wrong in all this and if I am let me know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If I dropped anything it would be one priest the 50 pointer and turn the tact squad into a RAS for Brother Curobolo so I could have two rolls at going first to make sure my plan went off. Or I could drop the jump pack priest and the extra armor on the land raider and LRC and get the brother and slam them both in the LRC. This gives me that crucial re roll for first turn.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have edited my list to include Corbulo. I added the flamers to the assault squad made the termies correct with 1 TH SS and took the extra armor off the LR to add him. I think that re roll could just be really helpful, esp to go first so they dont rip apart my baal preds on turn one and they can do some damage.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
As Corbulo has the chalice of blood too you don't really need the other sanguinary priest. I'd drop him and add extra armour back to the crusader, add in another thunder hammer to the squad and termianator armour onto your librarian. That 5++ is useful against any perils you might get.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Giant rock without much support. Me no likey.

Tacticals don't need a Land Raider, use those points to pick up real support.

This doesn't look like much of a Blood Angels list, more like Red Ultramarines. Vanilla does TH/SS Raiders better, I'd focus more on making this a BA list. Storm Ravens, fast mech, jumpers, and stuff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts