- 2 PF
- Drop Pod

- 2 X Jump Assault Squad
- 2 melta
- hand flamer

Fast Attack
- Baal Predator
-Heavy Flamer

Mephiston, Colburo and the DC will all run together. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I don't think there is any point having Mephiston run with the DC - he's faster than they are (with his psychic jump pack) so he should be going straight in (utilising cover wherever possible)
He doesn't have the Independent Character rule so he can't join squads.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have 2 squads of 10 RAS with 2 meltas and a HF each, then a priest without a JP... Why? He can't run with them. A priest with a sword and pack would be better. If he's for the DC, well, they already have FnP... A priest on the other guys would be better.

I'd throw on frag cannons on those furiosos, 3 flamers is better then one. Then, with those extra points, upgrade the baal's flamers to HB.

Mephy can't join squads, yeah. That's fine if you're ok with it, but you could get a chaplain and a JP libby for the points of him...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If he's for the DC, well, they already have FnP... A priest on the other guys would be better.
Corbulo is also an excellent bullet sponge.

With his 3+ and 2+ fnp, you only really have to watch out for st8+ and you can just LoS those onto the squad behind.

Against small arms fire you a 1 in 3 chance of failing a save, then a 1 in 6 chance of actually taking a wound.
Yes, the dc already have fnp, but he means st8 or go home.

I found that one out mid game - I fired a bajillion shuriken weapons at him with eldar. No effect whatsoever.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I totally agree, but I feel that you'd get more benefit from getting a priest to protect your two assault squads. Don't forget, too, that 1) s8 isn't that hard to come by and 2) he can always just maneuver so that corbulo isn't the closest guy anymore. It definitely makes the DC much scarier (although dropping in they won't do much most likely anyway), but I think the points would be better spend protecting your scoring troops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts