Sanguinary Priest – 50pts

Assault Squad A – X10, power fist, meltagun – 225pts

Assault Squad B – X10, power weapon, X2 flamer – 215pts

Tactical Squad – X10, Power fist, meltagun, heavy bolter – 190pts

Razorback – assault cannon – 90pts

Devastator Squad – X4 missile Launcher – 130pts

Vindicator – 145pts

Total 1750pts

Reclusiarch and infantry sanguinary priest jump into the crusader with the terminators flanked by the 2 assault squads and the razorback nearby. one assault squad takes the jump pack priest and takes on any counter assaulter while the convoy, backed by the combat squad with heavy bolter and dev squad from afar and the vindi from closer by, runs to the objective or big unit and takes that out. Rince and repeat.

What do you guys think?? Cheers for any assistance :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Personally I'd drop the Vindicator in favor of a Destructor with Lascannon sponsons. Four missiles are fine as long as the bad guy doesn't have any AV14, plus hard rounds and laser bolts don't deviate onto your guys. And find someway to give the Sanguinary Priests power weapons.

I'm not a big fan of the HQ and Elites you've chosen. But then, I prefer jump HQs and without completely changing that part of your list I've got no good advice.

Other than that it looks pretty good. :so_happy:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well This is kinda to diverge from my usual jumpy jumpy lists by having one rock hard unit surrounded by others. Against AV 14 I'd use the vindicator as we play RAW on that so it's a straight shot. The anti tank, which does include the vindicator, I was kinda sketchy about, might change them for a lot of attack bikes and a las pred instead...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Lacks Dreadnoughts. I think they're the strength of the new Codex, and you don't even have one.

And I'd up 2 ML to Lascannons. Land Raider needs extra armor. Glancing hits making you not move is a bad thing for your termiecarrier.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Big rock unit is supported by the assault squads, definitely one but maybe 2, the combat squad from the razorbvack, the razorback and the crusader. they hit one section, wipe it, back in the transports and away they go to another section OR use the razorback to deny the enemy the charge after I attack a part of the army then get the counter charge and I continue assaulting.

I do agree about the vindi and devastator squad they're my usualt Heavy support but I'm thinking it's not a great set up. what would be best used for the 275pts? Mainly anti tank now.

@creon. I don't think that even though the dreads are good in the BA codex they're a must have no matter what. my army as is I don't think they'd fit in well apart from an anti tank one held back.

The extra armour again not a huge fan of. Mainly because a 1/6 chance to be used isn't good enough for me, especially on an AV14 vehicle. Much rather have a power weapon instead....

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Reclusiarch – Terminator Armour – 160pts
I'd drop the Terminator armor. It just makes him more expensive and less effective in combat (since he can't use a pistol to gain a bonus attack). You need fear normal attacks and shots very little already because of Feel No Pain so the 2+ save isn't really necessary.

Terminator Assault Squad – 2 thunder Hammers, 3 lightning claws – 210pts

Land Raider Crusader – multimelta – 260pts
Good, just be sure to add extra armor since Crew Stunned results seriously suck on a 250+ point vehicle.

Sanguinary Priest – Jump pack – 75pts
Nice, but a power weapon is surprisingly effective on these guys. Consider it if you have spare points anywhere.

This guy's great for tagging along with the Terminators.

Assault Squad A – X10, power fist, meltagun – 225pts
Just a single melta? Might want to consider a second one since just one can easily miss.

Nasty. Hordes aren't gonna like this.

Tactical Squad – X10, Power fist, meltagun, heavy bolter – 190pts
Interesting heavy weapon choice, but otherwise grand. Perhaps consider a Rhino for them instead of a Razor?

Devastator Squad – X4 missile Launcher – 130pts
Devastators aren't terrible, but I think more mobile choices are superior. Try either a Dreadnought twin two twin-linked autocannons or a Predator with an autocannon and lascannon sponsons.

Vindicator – 145pts
Personally I'd drop this guy to afford a second Dreadnought/Predator. Vindicators are way too expensive for BA even with Fast.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'd drop the Terminator armor. It just makes him more expensive and less effective in combat (since he can't use a pistol to gain a bonus attack). You need fear normal attacks and shots very little already because of Feel No Pain so the 2+ save isn't really necessary.
So no upgrades Standard Reclusiarch yeah? I can Change it to an epostilary too. Unleash rage is better but less reliable so I'm a little on the fence about it.
Good, just be sure to add extra armor since Crew Stunned results seriously suck on a 250+ point vehicle.
Never really think they're appropriate on smaller vehicles but I suppose as my tactic revolves around the crusader I should protect it as much as possible

Nice, but a power weapon is surprisingly effective on these guys. Consider it if you have spare points anywhere.
I find that they become bigger targets when they have more equipment. I'll try a few of them though.
This guy's great for tagging along with the Terminators.
That's the plan. Plus I'm thinking of making this guy stay in the crusader so his bubble is even bigger due to the tank's footprint. this means that the tactical marines when they get out will use it, so will the other assault squad.
Just a single melta? Might want to consider a second one since just one can easily miss.
Was a points thing. Dropping the devs and vindi will free up points for that though definitely.
Nasty. Hordes aren't gonna like this.
That's the plan. :victory:

Interesting heavy weapon choice, but otherwise grand. Perhaps consider a Rhino for them instead of a Razor?
Heavy bolter was because the other unit I was holding back was all missile launchers and I wanted to have something Vs. Horde too. Razorback was to get as much firepower moving up with the assaulting force as possible and assault cannon gets the job done very well there. 2 twin linked assault cannons and 2 hurricane bolters will wipe almost every unit out there. :so_happy:

Devastators aren't terrible, but I think more mobile choices are superior. Try either a Dreadnought twin two twin-linked autocannons or a Predator with an autocannon and lascannon sponsons.
They were more added in as a torrent of fire style unit. hitting a tank with 4 kraks is good but unlikely, will Change them around a bit in a minute. the twin autocannon dreadnought I personally wouldn't want in this list as vs. tanks it's good against squadrons of light vehicles like land speeders or transports but I'd prefer something to take out the big boys like russ's and land raiders.

Everyone Has added some very good points, thanks everyone for the help. I'll post up a revised list in a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reclusiarch – 130pts
Terminator Assault Squad – 2 thunder Hammers, 3 lightning claws – 210pts
Land Raider Crusader – multimelta, extra armour – 275pts
Sanguinary Priest – Jump pack, power weapon – 90pts
Assault Squad A – X10, power fist, X2 meltagun – 235pts
Tactical Squad – X10, Power fist, meltagun, Lascannon – 200pts
Razorback – assault cannon – 90pts
Attack Bike Squadron – X2, multimelta – 100pts
Predator – Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons – 135pts

Total 1730pts
Basically same tactic although the pred holds back and the attack bikes cover the crusader up close, similar to the vindi’s job. I have 20pts to spare which I can use to upgrade the reclusiarch to an epostilary with unleash rage and blood lance or add extras to the sergeants or vehicles.
What does everyone think now? Thanks Again everyone 

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reclusiarch is a buffed up Chappy, so I don't think he is eligible to become an epistolary. Unsure where else you could spend those 20 points. Maybe an IP on the Reclusiarch?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mean change the reclusiarch to a librarian epostilary hehehe sorry for being confusing. it's either hand flamers on 2 sergeants or extra armour and a dozer blade on the razorback.

Any other suggestions anyone??

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd swap the Chaplain for a Librarian with Unleash Rage (psychic defense and another fun power), lose the Tacs for more support fire (Preds, Speeders) and turn the RAS into either TLHF Razorfuns (melta and infernus for melta goodness), TLAC transport gunnters or mini-melta bunkers (infernus+melta in Rhino). More units, more scorers, more melta.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally hate assault squads in transports. it takes away their abaility to assault after moving 12" so I'm not gonna do that. the tacs are gonna be the drop off on an abjective so once cleared I can head away and It's still held.

What other power would be good for the librarian if I do take him? Unleash rage is a definite as I want that unit rerolling as much as possible.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Yeah it took me a while to get used to Rhino mounted Assault Squads too, but not having to worry about lower Strength weapons is a huge advantage and you still have what's effectively an 8" move when disembarking from an immobile transport.

As for the Librarian, if you want to go all out assault, give him Unleash Rage and Sanguine Sword. If you want some versatility, Blood Lance can help a ton against vehicles and Blood Boil or Smite are pretty effective against infantry.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
However, the downside to Rhino Squads is if they go 2nd, and are destroyed in deployment, the assault slows down to a crawl.

·
Registered
153 Posts
agreed, besides qith the ba special rules and sanguinary priest's, the assault troops are great..but razbacks are the way to go prolly..especially asscan razbacks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Something to remember to remember when comparing jumper to riders is that the the jumper can Run. It's not the guaranteed 18" of a Rhino, but it's not like they are doing a lot of shooting either. And while the tanks are immune to small arms fire they are great targets for that lone heavy weapon in a squad that has no other decent targets in range. Lascannon at 30" vs JP RAS-10 or loaded Razorback? Not exactly a tough call.

Personally I like to have a mix of RAS-5 w/IP, PW and Melta in Razorbacks w/twin HF + HKM and JP RAS-10 in my 1750 list. As I add more points I'll add another pair. But I'd add another Razorback Squad before I'd add another RAS-10.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One thing I've noticed with small arms fire is that it's usually around a heavy weapon, like a tactical squad around a lascannon for example, especially in the lists I've seen of people going to the same (I think) tournament. That way if my jump infantry are hit by small arms fire, they will still get their armour save most of the time, almost definitely a cover save, and my tanks aren't getting hit by the heavy weapons in those units. so they're diversionary.

plus as Sanguinary Dan said if the transports are taken out early then my crusader is on it's own and that is an easy target then. this list I feel suits jump packs more than razorback spam. I will consider it for other lists though definitely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts