Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been making a lot of lists recently and this one is the first one I've made without any land raider in it. Looking at tournament level lists in Ireland a land raider, even 2, won't survive long and that's bad if your tactic revolves around them. So here is my non raider list :)

Librarian – Jump pack, Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguinius – 125pts

Sanguinary Priest – Jump pack – 75pts

Honour Guard – Jump packs, Blood Champion, Chapter Banner, Power Weapon, Power Fist, Flamer – 260pts

Assault Squad A – X10, Lightning claw, X2 flamers – 215pts

Assault Squad B – X10, Thunder Hammer, X2 meltaguns – 240pts

Assault Squad C – X5 – 100pts
Razorback – Twin-linked Lascannon – 55pts

Assault Squad D – X5 – 100pts
Razorback – Twin-linked Lascannon – 55pts

Attack Bike Squadron – X2 multimeltas – 100pts

Baal Predator A – Heavy bolter Sponsons – 145pts

Baal Predator B – Heavy bolter Sponsons – 145pts

Predator – Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons – 135pts

Total 1750pts
39 marines (bikes inc.), 5 Vehicles

Plan is to have the Librarian in Squad A, the priest in Squad B, these guys pretty much surround the honour guard, squad A goes up front with the librarian giving the rest 4+ cover saves while they themselves have 5+. Honour guard is the shock element of the assault with 10 power weapon attacks at str.5 int.5 and half of them at ws5 :D

Baal and vindicator Work roughly together as they are great at taking out medium infantry and tag team to really soften up the enemy before the assault. Considering changing this to 2 of the same tank, but not sure which one to go for.

Lazerbacks hold back and pop tanks, assisting the autolas predator and holding the home objective. if needed one will rush out and steal an objective

What do you think??

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the list, and I think the landraider is too many points for 1750. The only thing that I might do is switch the lazBack for plaz laz. Reason being is Monsterus Creatures . the ability to lay down 2-3 wounds is better than a solid 1, and in theory you would get more shots vs. weaker armor.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem with that is the differing ranges on the weapons. Most of the time these guys will be holding back providing cover fire. For that reason I'd like a reliable long range shot over several short range ones. Definitely a consideration though. thanks :)

And Last list I had 2 raiders in it :p it's easy to get them in a list it's just you can't afford any losses if you do

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats the part that makes me cringe :p I lost a LRC in the first turn to a teranefex :shok: that was the last time it seen the field. and I roll real bad most of the time :laugh: so I always opt for more models!

U are correct in the hanging back roll, as the plaz would do u no go in that application!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Las/plas Razorbacks can hang back decently, they just don't want to stay at the back of the board all day. One lascannon shot isn't a bad amount of firepower and since Blood Angel Razorbacks are so quick you can easily move into plasma range when required. The only real problem is that once you get within 24" you become exposed to brutal amounts of firepower and melta starts to have a good chance to hit you, so you need to be careful and selective.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I might do one with las/plas as that will run up and try and take another objective. So one twin linked las and one las plas sound good to you??

Anything else that might seem a little off? Also with the vindi and the baal which one should I go 2 with? I wrote them in like that as they're the same price and I have the model for each one but I think rule of 2 would work better on them. Just not sure which tank performs better than the other

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'd go with the double Baal Predator. The Vindicator needs to get closer than the Baal to do damage, plus it's a lot more versatile than the Vindicator. It can make a real mess of light vehicles, too.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool Double Baal it is then. Was edging towards it mainly because vindicator with very bad rolling could hit my guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts