Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so was getting bored painting my wolves so I dug out my BA dex and thought I'd switch over (as they say a change is as good as a rest) so here it is, quite a small list tbh, I'd love to hear your opinions

Dante

Sanguinary guard squad
2 x infernus pistols
1 x power fist

Sanguinary priest
Jump pack
Power weapon

6 death company
2 x power weapons
1 x thunder hammer

Chaplain

Storm raven
Multi melta
Lascannon

Death company dread
Heavy flamer

7 assault marines
Power weapon
1 x melta

8 x assault marines
Power weapon
1 x melta

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Focusing on wargear options and using the same units, I would do this:

Dante

Sanguinary Guard - 2x IP (they can take axes for AP2 and there's 3x IPs with Dante and Krak grenades for armour)

Priest - JP, PS

Chaplain

5 man Death Company - 2x PA

Death Company Dreadnought - BT, HF

10 man Assault squad - 2x F, PS

10 man Assault squad - 2x F (Priest attached here, play both squads together)

Stormraven - TLMM, TLLC

Dropping the TH and a model from the DC, the PF from the SG, and one PS from an Assault squad saved the 90 points I spent filling out the squads to 10 men a piece. Flamers were swapped as I felt like two templates did more for you than a lone MG shot, plus you have a lot of anti armour with your SR and Deep Striking Dante/SG combo.

Just don't let that bird get shot out of the sky before it deploys its payload.

Alternately from my proposed list I would drop Dante, upgrade to a Reclusiarch, put more bodies into the DC and deploy them in a Drop Pod for T1....insertion :spiteful:...though that would require a bit more thought in terms of what other unit you'd like to add into that points vacuum.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Cool man, glad I could help. It's still going to be a tough game for you, every time I put DC in a 'raven they get blown out of the sky before they touch down so I have completely stopped that unless I am playing two SRs...and even then I typically put the DC in a LRC when I use them (at 2.5k). I also rarely use unique characters, but when I do it's Mephiston...who won't be coming back out until we get a new 'dex I think now that he has no flying power. Not that he is without use, but I would rather take a ML2 Libby and ML1 Inquisitor to fill the psychic phase. Less points, more unit benefit.

By all means, post the results of your game and we can see if any improvements can be made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts