Plasmagun
Missile Launcher
Sergeant: Powerfist

Vindicator: 155 Pts
Hunter-killer missile

Whirlwind: 100 Pts
Hunter-killer missile

Total = 1485 Pts

Please give feedback soon. I need help. Thank you!

·
Registered
246 Posts
OK well your vindi and probably the whirlie are going to be dead first turn. The Termies are out of place and will have trouble getting to the other side of the board. Basically Mech up or JP it up, that or some of the other varients like Blood rodeo i think it is which is all jp with some devs for support. The tanks are too few in number to not get wiped out early. The tac squad i presume is for sitting on a home objective? in that case lose the upgrades and just go to ground so they are more resilient. Sorry if I seem harsh, but the list needs more focus its kinda all over.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Librarian: 145 Pts
Terminator Armour
Storm Shield
[Psychic powers picked right before the game]
(Attached to Terminator Squad)
-Toss this guy a Jump pack and give him the Shield of S. and another power or your choice. I'd suggest Sanguine sword or blood Lance.

Terminator Squad: 245 Pts
5 Terminators
Cyclone Missile Launcher
3 Chainfists
-Too slow to effectively support an aggressive list like this. Drop them for an honor guard squad w/ jp, 3x Storm shields, 2 Meltas and a pf. This will give you a reliable anvil unit.
Chaplain: 140 Pts
Jump Pack
Infernus Pistol
(Attached to Assault Squad below)
-I'd drop him for an expendable 5 man assault squad.
Assault Squad: 205 Pts
10 Assault Marines
Sergeant: Lightning Claw
-Hook these guys up with 2x melta and a pf.
Sanguinary Priest: 75 Pts
Jump Pack
(Attached to Assault Squad below)
-Decent
Assault Squad: 215 Pts
10 Assault Marines
Meltagun x2
-Solid
Tactical Squad: 205 Pts
10 Tactical Marines
Plasmagun
Missile Launcher
-Same as termies, too slow for what you're going for with this list. If you want a sit back and score unit just take some scouts.
Vindicator: 155 Pts
Hunter-killer missile
-Not a great idea in an army that relies on cc to win.
Whirlwind: 100 Pts
Hunter-killer missile
-Very meh for one hundred points.
Total = 1485 Pts

Please give feedback soon. I need help. Thank you!
If you're going jump heavy you should go all in and not bother with two tanks which will be removed quickly and likely are a danger to your own troops. If you're looking for fire support, I'd suggest at least two five man units of 4x missile launcher devestators for support fire and stick you're single priest with them to increase their durability.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with hippogryph on this one, Dev's with missile launchers are good support. 3 Predators might be okay too, at least they can't easily be singled out. Spamming heavy support is usually a good thing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, I've taken into consideration all the tips (thank you by the way) if it's help the armies I mainly play against are Space Marines, Orks and Nids.

k, revised revised list:

Commander Dante: 225 Pts
(Joins Honour Guard)
{I decided to take out the Librarian as I felt like adding a more CC'e HQ. With Dante joining the Honour Guard, he can benefit from the Feel No Pain as well as have the squad benefit from Tactical Precision and Dantes powerful stats + wargear}

Honour Guard: 135 Pts
Jump Packs
Storm Shields x2
Meltagun x2
Powerfist

10 Assault Marines
Meltagun x2

10 Assault Marines
Meltagun x2

Assault Squad: 110 Pts
5 Assault Marines
Meltagun
{I'm not sure about the 5 man unit as my die rolling isn't the best, but on the other hand I think I need Troops. If I replaced this unit what with?}

Tactical Squad: 170 Pts
10 Tactical Marines
Flamer
Missile Launcher
{Tactical Squad is going to go to the objective and go to ground in objective based missions, while in Annihalation they are going to try and whittle down the enemy numbers with Boltgun, Flamer and Missile Launcher}

Sanguinary Priest: 50 Pts
(Joins Devastator Squad below)

Devastator Squad: 146 Pts
6 Devastator Marines
4 Missile Launchers
{Brilliant! Thanks for the Devastator + Sanguinary Priest tip. I have a feeling that If I'm lucky, I'll have far better heavy support from now on}

Devastator Squad: 162 Pts
7 Devastator Marines
4 Missile Launchers

Total = 1428 Pts

As you can see I still have quite a bit of points left over. What should I spend it on as I am lost for ideas? I would like to hear as many peoples opinions as possible.
Thank you for the ideas again Starbuck, hippogryph and Yochanan!

·
Registered
990 Posts
As you can see I still have quite a bit of points left over. What should I spend it on as I am lost for ideas? I would like to hear as many peoples opinions as possible.
Thank you for the ideas again Starbuck, hippogryph and Yochanan!
Drop the tactical squad & make the 5 man assault squad into a 10 man assault squad, then use the left over points for a 5 man scout squad with cloaks & a missile launcher; if you're going to ground in cover then scouts are better, & not so many points just to hold hold an objectives, plus you get the missile launcher for a much cheaper price (i.e. no need for a 10 man squad). Without a Rhino I can't see that tactical squad doing much.

Dallas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts