Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all there!..It's been a looooong time since my last post in here!

I purchased the BA dex few weeks ago and I came up with this list thought for competitve play, let me know what you think.

HQ

Librarian
-Unleash Rage, Blood Lance

Librarian
-Shield of Sanguinius, Blood Lance

ELITES

3 Sanguinary Priests

TROOPS

8 Man Assault Squad
-1 Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-Rhino

8 Man Assault Squad
-Rhino

8 Man Assault Squad
-Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Baal Predator
-Heavy Bolters

2 Attack Bikes
-Multi Melta

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator

Vindicator

1497 tot

EDIT: I get ridd of EA and SS on rhinos & vindies, beefed up the 3rd Assault Squad and bought another Sang Priest, I had to take off the hand flamers from the sergeants for having the pts for the 3rd priest, I may lack a bit on anti-hordes now; for the Lib psy powers I like both Shield and Rage, but if you have some other suggestions it would be helpful. Let me know what you think. Thanx!

Basically Librarians & Sang priests rides with the Assault Squads, 5man Razorback hold the home obj, Attack Bikes for some fast anti-tank, Baal Pred for some anti-infantry goodness and Vindicators cause now they are fast. (and even for those nasty templates)

I'm not shure about the 5man obj holder squad, it seems a bit fragile, I usually run a 10man Tac Squad in a Rhino, but I don't know where i can find some more pts.

C&C very appreciated!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not really sure with the extra armor on the rhino's. If you ditch that and the siege shields, you could afford another attack bike, which would be definitely worth it in my book. Other than that i think it's a solid list. I'd probably give the librarians a different power than shield. I prefer either fear of the darkness or unleash rage. Preferred enemy, feel no pain, furious charging assault squads are the business, and are truly a handful in cc.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Have you looked at adding a 5 man honor guard in place of one of your assault squads? it doesn't score, but it already includes a "sanguinary novitiate" which would count as your Sanguinary priest. Plus they all have 2 attacks before close combat weapons, so you get more attacks. Might save you some points there, just a thought.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont like Shield of Sanguinius in this list. You could try to position your squads to try to get a 4+ cover save(If you can), plus you have the feel no pain with the 3+ armour. If you need spare pts, take off the pwr fist off the assault squads and take the Sanguine Sword psy power. U save a nice chunk of pts right there to beef up the 5 man squad and ur Librarians will strike at S10 verses ur sargents atking at S8 I1. Plus what ninjaman said about the seige shields, ur saving a nice amount of pts right there to spend on increasing ur unit count or gear for other things. Maybe a Sang priest for the 5man squad in the razorback?

·
Registered
26 Posts
but do the objective holders need a sang preist?

other then that i agree totaly!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for all the suggestions guys, very appreciated.

I think that I'll get ridd of EA and SS on rhinos & vindies and with those pts I can take another attack bike OR i can beef up a bit more the camper squad, mabye even downgrade the Raz for a standard Rhino; what you think about it?

About the psy powers Shield isn't so bad but probably i'll swap it for Unleash Rage, mabye a Lib w/shield and the other w/Rage; but i'll playtest even Sanguine Sword, it may be usefull.

I'll definitely remain with the fists on sargeants, they are too much useful IMO.

I'll update the list asap, thanx again!

Cheers!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like giving my librarian that's running around "behind enemy lines" Blood Lance and Smite. Smite is fun to use on marines and characters with artificer armor saves given that it has such a low AP, and is Assault 4. Have him supported with an assault squad, and they can wreak havoc on "powerful" squads.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I like this list, but I'm not feeling the Vindicators. I freely admit that I'm not a fan of them, but that aside I just find that there are better, cheaper things that do what they do, without the risk of scatter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Dallas_Drake what did you suggest instead of vindicators? now they're fast and they can move and still shoot, so they can have a potential 36" range. (12"move+24"shoot)
I thought that this could be a good reason for taking a pair of 'em.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I cant wait to see how the vindicator argument turns out once the BA FAQ comes out. Some folks with either cry and quit the army, others will cry OP. Me I'm waiting to see how the turn out is before I use one in any of my BA lists. But I like the over all look of the list. Good Luck

·
Registered
990 Posts
So Dallas_Drake what did you suggest instead of vindicators? now they're fast and they can move and still shoot, so they can have a potential 36" range. (12"move+24"shoot)
I thought that this could be a good reason for taking a pair of 'em.
Hey, I'm not saying 'don't' take them, it's your army. I'm just giving you my opinion, which is I don't think that them being fast is anything to get excited about.

Against hordes a HB/AC predator or HB/AsC Baal will do more damage (large blast isn't all that, if I hit I usually get 4 bodies - wow!).

Against tanks they're alright when they hit, which is a big problem I've found. Why take a S10 weapon with a 1/3 to hit when you can take a S9 or S8 melta with 2/3 chance to hit? This is just my experience though, I soon gave them up (ran twin Vindis like you are) and took Lascannon Predators and drop pod melta dreadnoughts (Furioso for BA).

It's only really against bunched up MEQ/TEQ they seem to do enough and even then I find them too impractical; I am biased though, I just hate them because all my shooting ends up scattering all over the place.

Just my opinion.

Dallas

I cant wait to see how the vindicator argument turns out once the BA FAQ comes out. Some folks with either cry and quit the army, others will cry OP. Me I'm waiting to see how the turn out is before I use one in any of my BA lists. But I like the over all look of the list. Good Luck
I assume you are referring to GW missing 'Large Blast' off of the Demolisher entry on page 96? I will bet my house on it getting added like C:SM has via an Errata to make it Ordnance 1, Large Blast. Most people should let you play with it as such. Only an idiot would demand you don't use large blast, I mean why would BA not have it, you're already paying 30 points extra for the fast option. Personally, I don't think it will change much, they'll still be ineffective.

I wonder if GW will ever stop copying and pasting their own errors!? :threaten:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I assume you are referring to GW missing 'Large Blast' off of the Demolisher entry on page 96? I will bet my house on it getting added like C:SM has via an Errata to make it Ordnance 1, Large Blast. Most people should let you play with it as such. Only an idiot would demand you don't use large blast, I mean why would BA not have it, you're already paying 30 points extra for the fast option. Personally, I don't think it will change much, they'll still be ineffective.

I wonder if GW will ever stop copying and pasting their own errors!? :threaten:
What kind of house are we talkin here? im pretty positive its an error, but who could pass up a free house?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts