Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I completely forgot about posting up some sort of list to work on and I forgot some of the details of the tournament, talk about being forgetful today.

Recap, 1000 point tournament and probably going up against GK, BA, SM, CSM, CD (Khorne), Nec and IG. Only need 1 HQ and 1 Troop choice but only 2 Fast and Heavy max. This was my idea:

HQ: Mephiston - 250
Troop: 2x Assault squad (5 man) with power fist and melta bombs - 260 points
Elite: 2x Sanguinary Priests with power weapons, melta bombs and Jump packs - 190 points
Fast: Baal Predator with extra armour - 130 points
Heavy: Vindicator with siege shield and extra armour - 170 points

Total: 1000 points

Theory is use Vindicator and melta bombs to crack open any vehicles, then use Mephiston, the assault squads and Baal to mop up the mess. The reason that the assault boys dont have meltaguns is simply due to WYSIWYG and not having any meltaguns lying around.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HQ: Mephiston - 250
Costs a quarter of your army and doesn't have enough armour to hide behind. Still, maybe putting a fire magnet on the table is your intention to save tanks.

Troop: 2x Assault squad (5 man) with power fist and melta bombs - 260 points
Elite: 2x Sanguinary Priests with power weapons, melta bombs and Jump packs - 190 points
With S9 Furious Charge do you really need meltabombs?
Or, with 2 meltabombs per squad, do you really need PFs?
And - DoA or not? Anyway 5-men squads (even with priests and FNP) have far too good chance of making morale save before they reach the CC. I'd advise you to consider razorbacking them in.

Fast: Baal Predator with extra armour - 130 points
Not that scary without sponsors.

Heavy: Vindicator with siege shield and extra armour - 170 points
Cracking vehicles in the beginning - maybe, but whey your boys get to CC, what will he be doing if you don't want to scatter S10 big blast on your own models (even Mephisto won't like it).

Overall: your list is low on long-range suppressing fire and first turns may prove deadly for your small army (like, 15 models total, right?). And if your enemy manages to somehow negate your Death Star (either by putting TH/SS termies against him, or a squad of boyz big enought to be entirely slaughtered in two or three full turns) you're even in deeper trouble.

Hope this gives any food for thought.

·
Registered
316 Posts
all i can see is drop the melta bombs off of the Assault squad and the Sang priest and run meltaguns( i got mine on ebay, just look for dark angles veteran bits, if not ignore this bit) in the assault squad. The Baal Pred i would go with twinlinked assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons drop the extra armor. a fast predator with scout move could get to the point where it might get to back armoron some vehicles. Drop the siege shield and extra armor off of the vindicator.

also at a 1000 points Mephiston i would run two libarians w/jumppacks, one in each assault squad, and take unleash rage. each squad able to re roll to hits on assault with furious charge is good...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts