Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local gaming group is having its first tournament (1000 points) not till November I have some idea what army's people will be bringing and what there play styles are just wanted some other peoples opinions on my list as i am normally a nid player but i have B.A army

HQ Librarian 100

Troop 1. Assault marines x 5 (melta gun) in Razorback (heavy bolter) 130

Troop 2. See T1

Troop 3. See T1

Troop 4. See (surprise Surprise) T1

Elite 1. 3 x Sanguinery Priests 150

Fast attack 1. Land speeder with M/Melta and H/flamer 70

Fast Attack 2. See FA1

Fast attack 3. Land speeder with Typhoon m/launcher 90

Which gives me 1000 points

We also have a 250 points bench i was thinking a Vindicator or a Baal pred and up grading 2 of Heavy bolters on my Razorbacks to Laz/Plaz

And feed back would be great please remember this is a noobie tournament most of the people who are playing in this have only been playing less than a year. all the missions are out of the standard rule book.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
decent, though i would take three LS with MM only as you have no anti-tank otherwise. invest points left over in melta guns for RAS.

you could even drop one RAS (a single Rifleman Dread could be a help)to boost your anti-tank.

if luck is against you, LS will get knocked out of the game early and you'll have nothing to take on armor easily.

good hunting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's not a "bad" list per se, but it's lacking any CC capabilities. You've got no power weapons, no jump packs and no real ability to support your attack.:shok:

As an example, what happens when you need to drive an enemy unit off an objective that's in or behind cover? You probably can't shoot them off of it, and with no solid assault units you can't kick them off it either.:(

One possible option is to replace two of the Razorback RAS (260 total) with a single 10 man jump unit (PF, Melta & Flamer= 230) and a jump jack for the Librarian. That leaves you 5 points. If you drop the Typhoon for another MM/HF variant Speeder you can give one of the Sanguinary Priests a jump pack as well.
If the Librarian has Unleash Rage and Shield of Sanguinius you'll now have a unit that can destroy nearly anything they may come across. And with the bonus of Descent of Angels you can use Deep Strike to come down right where you need them.

AT the very least find the points for a couple of power weapons and give at least one Razorback tl Heavy Flamers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BA predators are fast which means you can move 6' and fire ALL weapons or move 12' and still fire one. They are a must IMO.

I would remove FA3 and T4 to make room. Try to fit two Predators in.

·
Registered
990 Posts
So my local gaming group is having its first tournament (1000 points) not till November I have some idea what army's people will be bringing and what there play styles are just wanted some other peoples opinions on my list as i am normally a nid player but i have B.A army

HQ Librarian 100

Troop 1. Assault marines x 5 (melta gun) in Razorback (heavy bolter) 130

Troop 2. See T1

Troop 3. See T1

Troop 4. See (surprise Surprise) T1

Elite 1. 3 x Sanguinery Priests 150

Fast attack 1. Land speeder with M/Melta and H/flamer 70

Fast Attack 2. See FA1

Fast attack 3. Land speeder with Typhoon m/launcher 90

Which gives me 1000 points

We also have a 250 points bench i was thinking a Vindicator or a Baal pred and up grading 2 of Heavy bolters on my Razorbacks to Laz/Plaz

And feed back would be great please remember this is a noobie tournament most of the people who are playing in this have only been playing less than a year. all the missions are out of the standard rule book.
Hmm, first issue is 15 KPs in a 1000 points list.

Secondly, Priests aren't needed in Razorspam lists, they do very little since your wee fellas are in their transports, 5 man RAS lack the clout to melee (FC or not) so keep them safe, keep them in their Razors & moving/scoring.

If you want to go with this format then you would be better off accepting that you're not going to win in any combats, keep your guys in their rides zooming around & just swap the heavy bolters off for assault cannons which are way better, the points can be found by dropping the unnecessary Sang Priests. If you want a melee unit then drop 2 Razorback RAS squads & grab a unit of 10 jump pack RAS led by a jump pack Priest, not much can take that on the charge. Though more Razorbacks would be better, maximise your theme (which is low AV & fast).

Might be worth reserving a Flamestorm Baal; its scout move is often very, very useful but this would depend on your tournies rules etc.

Dallas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts