Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my first real fan fiction I believe, I normally write about warbands and regiments but I wanted to try my hand in this. Please read and comment if you can, tell me what you like and didn't like. Thanks for your time.

Dust and filth were all around as Azzan The World Weary, Dark Apostle of The Word Bearers Legion, wiped the muck from his battle helm. He turned to face his First Acolyte, Tadrose Rhano, his voice gruff and low, "Is the ritual ready brother?" "Just a few more sacrifices my Apostle" replied Tadrose. Azzan ordered the last of the prisinors to be brought to the blood alter. As they were shoved into position, Azzan turned to face the Imperial Guard Compound they were about to assault. In the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of his beserkers, they were cleary restless and losing patience waiting for the attack order, a few of them had paid the price for their impatieness already during this long campaign. "Hold champions of Khorne, the moment of attack, will soon be apon us". As the last of the scouts were sacrificed, all of the cultists surrounding the alter, were raised into the air by mystical magic. The cultists were flung into the center of the alter, assimalated into a single cloud of blood.

Out of the cloud of blood, appeared a massive minion of Nurgle, a great unclean one. This was the moment Azzan's beserkers were waiting for. Azzan's voice, was herd accross the word bearers vox channel, "It's time brothers, ATTACK!".

The beserkers were the first to break cover, "KILL MAIM BURN KILL MAIM BURN" this was all that could be herd over the sound of the gunfire. By the time Azzan's men reached the defensive line of the guardsmen a full third of his forces already fell. Azzan and his personal retinue of bodyguard, began cleaving their way through the mountains of guardsmen, Azzan's beserkers were getting more bloodthirsty and reckless with every kill, Azzan felt he needed to remind his forces to stay focused, "pillage and destroy as you see fit my brothers, but remember, we need this compound intact!" Azzan informed over the vox.

Suddenly, the earth shook as a gaint explosion tore a gaint whole in Azzan's troop formations, it was from the cannon of a mighty baneblade. Azzan was grinning over beneath his battle helm, he let out a large cackle as Nurgle's minion was let loose by the remaining cultists. It charged stright for the baneblade itself, not wanting it to get another shot off, with one mighty swoop, it cleaved the war machine in half.

By this time, the few remaining guardsmen were being mopped up, the ones that caught a glimps of Nurgle's minion surrendered immediately. Azzan moved into the command center of the base with his bodygaurds, inside was the final remnents of the Imperial guards stationed their including the only surving Commisar. Ten men with five weapons between them, including the laspistol of the Commisar. They let out a few shots that seemed to bounce off the Tactical Dreadnaught armour Azzan was wearing. He griped the arm of the Commisar and broke it with a swift twist of his wrist, he leaned in, staring the man in the eyes through his helm. "They will make fine sacrifises" He grunted "Take them to the camp".

As his bodyguard left, Azzan was alone, he removed his battle helm to reveal his pale warped face, he began scanning all of the screens in the command center until he stopped apruptly, he stared at the screen for several minutes, befor a grin began to engulf his face, he had found what he'd been looking for.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
If Azzan was in a Dreadnought, he couldnt "remove his battle helm" or "wipe the muck " from it either. Also the "remaining guardsmen" that "caught sight of " Nurgles Minion probably wouldnt surrender, flee maybe, but not surrender. Other than that, a good start.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Burias, read it again, he's wearing tactical dreadnought armour, better known as terminator armour.

·
Registered
378 Posts
By any chance was the name taken from the elder scrolls series?

Also check some of the spellings, other then that I like it. Nice one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts