Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autarchs...

They are used in lists all over the place, and the Command thing is clearly great.

that being said, how do you get value for your money out of them?

the melee guys (banshees and scorpions) both lose real nice rules if he joins them.

shining spears would love him ofc.. but meh

what have you guys been doing with your eldar master of command?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Meh? Meh!

That's exactly how I use my Autarch. Skyrunner, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun, and Banshee Mask. Attach to a squad of Shining Spears. As long as you move they all have a 4++ (though the Spears get it from cover), you're hitting like a mac truck on the charge and no one can overwatch you, and you can even hurt vehicles as needed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm yes.. i was just a bit niffed on the 2 attacks on the charge from the spears.

no the most impressive ive ever seen. but the shot before chrage help i guess.

any other ideas?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I run an Autarch on Skyrunner, with prism blaster to join in with a unit of Shadow Spectres
Hmmm... considering the Banshee Mask now for the no overwatch lols though

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well you could still do that, or give him the big sniper rifle. but a bit many points to shell out for those reserve mods

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
hmm yes.. i was just a bit niffed on the 2 attacks on the charge from the spears.

no the most impressive ive ever seen. but the shot before chrage help i guess.

any other ideas?
With the pre-assault shot, you're basically getting 3 attacks on the charge, plus HoW. a 4th from the Exarch, and the Autarch gets a pistol. The squad's worth about 20 hits at S6 or better on the charge. With no overwatch.

You could also mount a Reaper launcher onto the bike and make an interesting light gun platform. I think a little bit more durable than a Vyper, with the invul save and a few wounds, and similar firepower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts