Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, there is one big one called Tactics. They don't have tables that are really suitable for wargaming, despite most of their stock being one form of wargaming or another. The tables are just good for Magic, sadly.

There's another place called Stanbridges, but last time I was there, they didn't have playing room, either.

For Perth, I think tu_shan82 knows more about the local wargaming groups than I do

You can also grab a White Dwarf from a newsagents when you get down here. They have a big list in the back few pages.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In Perth we got
Outpost North, Outpost South, GW Perth, GW Freo (Fremantle), KRAGS, Armadale Gaming club, etc
http://swww.westgamer.com/forum/
West Gamer is WA's Warhammer gaming centre you can find out anything you need to know about Aussie gaming in Perth there

·
Registered
61 Posts
I didn't know there was a GW in Freo. There's also that one in the shopping centre, but I forget which one. Carousel, maybe?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Na they just got a Games World that doesnt game and just sells some models behind the shelf.
Mabye your thinking of somewere else is it in the city or North/South of the river?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
If you going tho the east coast aka Sydney area - we have a battle bunker/store in the City, a FLGS in North Sydney, Chatswood, Hornsby, Paramatta ( has a small bunker attached), Castle Hill.

Most of the stores are within an hours drive or train ride from each other Nrth Syd, City Chatswood are very close to each other and then Hornsby is next closest to Chatswood then Castle Hill is close to Hornsby and Parra is just a another 20 min drive bus ride from Hornsby!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Check out WargamerAU for Australian contacts - Down the bottom of that linked page is the Clubs section. They have a whole list of local gaming groups, and can give you a hand finding stores in whatever area you end up in.

At any rate, most of the major cities have a few places you can get GW stuff (and often a GW store floating around somewhere), and even some of the regional areas have local game stores/groups who you can meet up with.

Anyway, Hope that helps a little :)

·
4,491 Posts
WargamerAU has all of the clubs/tournaments in Australia.
Just go to the club section, click on the state, and the list of clubs will be right there. :)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I third Wargamer AU for a one-stop directory..there are a ton of places to play. I have 4GW's within an hour's drive from me alone, Gold Coast to Brisbane area.

Most of us are friendly as well, and not smelly either:)

·
Registered
736 Posts
However coming to Australia means several things... the first thing before finding a FLGS or group is to ensure you have protected yourself by being aware of our native fauna... especially the DROP BEAR.

I repeat this warning... if your coming to Australia, you should be aware of this terrible creature which has been responsible for multiple killings and maulings of people. In fact last year due to an increase in numbers of drop bears all citizens had to round up our Kangaroo pets and shoot them (we all keep Kangaroo's as pets) and ensure that they did not become food for the dreaded DROP BEARS

You have been warned.

Oh and G'day.

:)

·
Registered
887 Posts
However coming to Australia means several things... the first thing before finding a FLGS or group is to ensure you have protected yourself by being aware of our native fauna... especially the DROP BEAR.

I repeat this warning... if your coming to Australia, you should be aware of this terrible creature which has been responsible for multiple killings and maulings of people. In fact last year due to an increase in numbers of drop bears all citizens had to round up our Kangaroo pets and shoot them (we all keep Kangaroo's as pets) and ensure that they did not become food for the dreaded DROP BEARS

:)
we choose not to state this due to the tourists thinking australia is beautiful.
i loved my kangaroo but a drop bear got it. so so sad

anyway when you find out what state and where do say so, please.

·
4,491 Posts
Drop bears? Pfft.

Thats nothing compared to the killer fly's we have here.
If you see a fly, then run for your life.
Every year we lose about 25% of our population due to the flys that inject parasitic organisms into our blood. Just 1 bite and your heart fails within about a week.

Fly's killed my crossbred Emu/Platypus pet (we called it a Platymu) just last week.

The bad thing is that because of our fly's, fly spray costs a fortune. Your looking at at least $100+ for a can.
I would advise you bring some with you if possible.

·
Registered
736 Posts
For those readers who may not be familiar with the Aussie dropbear menace, these terrifying creatures, a distant cousin to koalas but much larger (almost the size of an American grizzly) and with sharp claws and fangs, generally hide in trees during the day, sleeping on the upper branches out of sight. But in the evening and throughout the night, they hunt by waiting for an unsuspecting victim to walk under the tree - at which point they drop from the branch (hence the colloquial name "dropbear") and begin savaging their prey with claws and teeth in a frenzy of violence. Once the victim has been mauled to death, the dropbear will then eat its fill and move on to a new tree, leaving the corpse lying there like a sack of red rags. Usually dropbears attack smaller prey such as kangaroos and cattle, but they will also attack a full-grown human with no hesitation. Their size, and the fury of their attack means the chances of surviving a dropbear attack are similar to that of being dropped into a pool of twenty-foot killer sharks.

http://www.cfr.com.au/dropbears/index.html

I told you....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
we choose not to state this due to the tourists thinking australia is beautiful.
i loved my kangaroo but a drop bear got it. so so sad

anyway when you find out what state and where do say so, please.
Hey same here! I was just out walking my kangaroo down the street when this drop bear falls down on it! Rips the darn thing to pieces, lucky I had my trusty shotgun to blast the damned thing to smithereens. :p

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
I have in-laws in Brisbane and hear of the horror that befalls the heroic citizens of Oz. Between the drop bears, baby eating dingos, and crocs that terrorize the neighborhoods there, I don't think I could ever muster up the testicular fortitude to visit on a holiday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts