Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company.
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT, 31 August 2015. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge, but a separate Monthly event. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ill be entering in a 7 man squad of Plague Marines. Started them on Saturday, so no picture of just an undercoat, but its only the 1st layer of paint i have done.

Attachments

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Might as well add my guard squad from the army painting challenge this month, but looking at Haskanael's amazing work im not optimistic :laugh:

Cheers,
The Gunslinger

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company.

If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
As far as warbands go from say infinity, malifaux, necromunda, gorkamorka, warmahordes, relics, etc etc. Would they fit into this category as theyre not really either a squad or regiment? Also what's the deal on squads that contain such entities as a monster or vehicle?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Blood Warriors of Khorne shall be my entry of the month.

Really happy how these blood thirsty bastards came out.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Rather fitting Roganzar, as my entry is the Stormcast Eternals;

Really happy with these guys, the blue and gold is just gorgeous to me and they were fun to paint as well. Looking forward to my next Stormcast project, either Retributors or Prosecutors.

LotN

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hmmm damn I chose the wrong month to paint a warhound, unless it counts as a squad of one?

Great work from everyone so far, voting this month is going to be tough!

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Hmmm damn I chose the wrong month to paint a warhound, unless it counts as a squad of one?

Great work from everyone so far, voting this month is going to be tough!
I know the feeling - Not only did I decide to paint a Kytan this month, but I'm supplementing with 2 x Soulgrinders. None of them are eligible for this competition :(
Hmm if only you had both held off for a month you would have been able to put them in the 'free for all' next month.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I know the feeling - Not only did I decide to paint a Kytan this month, but I'm supplementing with 2 x Soulgrinders. None of them are eligible for this competition :(
Something i'm pleased with since it means I don't have to compete with you. Against you, the rest of us wouldn't have a chance in hell.

LotN

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
What is this "held off" term of which you speak? You are speaking gibberish!
My apologies, i miss spoke, clearly i didn't mean to paint nothing. That would rank somewhere between insanity and heresy. I would need to stomp at least 3 humie settlements to apologise for such words in the eyes of Gork. :p

Merely that i dont doubt you have at least....5( big numbers for an ork)..of infantry which you coulda done to save you a superheavy pointy stompa for next month.
Also how am i supposed to get revenge for last month if you dont enter :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts