Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate BL for this. I. Really. Hate. BL. For. This. I hate not having the option of reading a story. I love ebooks (Never been so surprised. I was one of those who mourned the downfall of the real thing.), but I'm happy to read a regular book if there's no ebook. But to not be able to read?!? Are you kidding??? It's wrong to not let the customers have the choice. Especially when your customer base is readers! What kind of sense does it make? There's nothing wrong with audio books. To each their own. And there's clearly a market for it. But to penalize the percentage of your readers who helped you grow who want to read is wrong.

From a business perspective, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to take my money for something I can read if I won't buy an audio book. And I won't buy an audio book. Some have the opportunity to listen to them. I do not. And I want to be able to have it with me all the time, to read when I can, or reread a particular passage. And I want to interpret the characters' voices myself.

I want the option of reading. I want to give them money for some form of book I can read. I am stunned by the number of stories released in the last several months that have no reading option.

I'm out of ways to say it. I just find it incomprehensible, and I'm very sad I won't get to know some of these stories.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They do release the scripts in book form from time to time. I don't know how much of the total audio output those cover though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm actually getting quite annoyed with all these damn "Ebook" releases. I can't take my computer or tablet with me everywhere and most of the time I can take my newest HH book or carry my omnibus' around with me.

It seems like BL is trying to back off from having printed material?

If so that's total trash. I'm a traditional book fan and I dont want to pay the jacked up prices for these large paperbacks they're releasing. Not to mention the fact that they hold back mass paperbacks for almost a year after its released.

You're $%&*#&% with my emotions BL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts