Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HEy guys,

I am rather new to orks moving over from the imperium and the necrons, so forgive any amatuer mistakes.

HQ

Big Mek + KFF 85 (with the shoota Boyz BW)

Warboss + Power claw + Kombi shoota 90 (With the slugga boyz BW)

Troops
Boyz x19, Sluggas, Nob + Klaw, Bosspole 154

Boyz x 19, Shootas, Nob + klaw, Bosspole 159

Boyz x20 (x2) Shootas, Nob + klaw, Bosspole 170 x2 - 340

Elites
Lootas x 10 150
Lootas x 10 150
Kommandos x 10 Snikrot, 2 burnas 215

Heavy support
Battle Wagon (x3) Deff rolla, Red paint job, Big shoota 120 x 3 - 360

Fast attack
Deff Kopta , Tl rokkits 45

Total 1748

Ok the Deff kopta is there as i had 47 points and no real other models to make a squad to fill that up
I do have the likes of killa kans and a few bikes though

The general idea behind me going with orks was that i was fed up with small numbers of elits and liked the idea of larger number squads etc but i have never liked the foot slogging idea, as i play against it alot and it hardly ever pays off, i really really dont like Trukks so maximising my squads meant having BW's to carry them.

Hopefully i am not too bad with my initial build and look forward to any help.

Thanks all

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I am not sure what is a good unit of Nobs so far its only a few bikes and one in the boyz squads so not sure what would be a good build.
I do think ill get rid of the slugga squad if i were to, but i may be wrong

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
It is a good solid ork build for this points range. You may need make a few minor adjustments but this army could go on the table right now with little problem.

The big mek I'm not sure about giving him a shoota. A burna is usually more useful for meks.

Warboss could use some armour

I'm not sure about the lone deffkopta without a buzzsaaw it is kind of useless. I would drop it and spend the points on toys for the rest of the army.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Big mek is just standard with a KFF the w/ shoota BW was in relation to with the Battle wagon full of shoota boyz. Edited to save any more confusion
But your point is noted about the burna, if i could convert it i would consider it but not sure how id do it just yet.

I agree with the point about the deff kopta but like i said i pretty much maxed out the efficiency of my squads and had 48 points to spare.
I guess i could have added to the foot slogging shoota squad to give it more of a chance of reqaching the enemy.
But at same time i liked the idea of the Single kopta due to it is weak enough in points not to worry if it dies, but its not a weak enough unit not to take some of the fire power that could be shot at my main units.
But like i said this was just a single addition that i could think of with points i have left over ill happily consider any ideas anyone has.

One thing though with warboss is if i give it better armour its in a squad of 19 sluggas including a nob with bosspole, so its not going to take any saves until its the last ork standing was my view on it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nobs you want to be efficient, because they get really expensive fast.

A Painboy and cybork bodies are a must. A Waagh! Banner and bosspole are also extremely useful. Beyond that, make each model unique so you can play wound allocation shenanigans. PKs you don't need more than 1-2 and kombi-skorchas are a good way to give you some extra shooty power and kombi-rokkits with an ammo runt are passable anti-mech should you need it.

I'd go for Buggies over the Kopta. Buggies are vehicles, so they can't get locked in assault and can be used to block enemy movement to make it easier for your units to get locked in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok well if i take up the advice so far ill remove the squad of slugga boyz and the deff kopta and stick a squad of nobz in the battle wagon only thing is whether or not to stick warboss with them as i know nobz should kill anyways so any point having the warboss to help, if not ill have to remove a big shoota boy from the 3rd bw to make space

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes i guess you need nobz to go toe to toe with hard melee hitters...remember that Space Marines are still the most played race in 40k, so expect lots of heavy hitting terminators, strong ICs, command squads, assault squads that can best your boyz.

Other wise, it's a good and competitive list. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only problem i am having is that for the points i have from removing the Slugga boyz and the deffkopta, i only have enough points to have add

Warboss given boss pole

Nobz x6
Painboy
2 shoota burnas
Power klaw

This squad is meant to go with the Warboss but a 6 orks seems alittle fragile for morale purpose even with da boss joining 'em.

·
Registered
466 Posts
there insanely hard to kill especialy if they have eavy armour,cybork and painboy so you shouldnt be rolling morale checks often (especialy since there in a battlewagon) ontop of this if you take a reroll on the bosspole you can still roll your armour saves from it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts