Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Chimera Dozer Blade off of ebay to put on My Rhino. The issue im having with it is that my Rhino is already painted, I was wondering if i should sand off or strip the paint off where im going to glue the Dozer Blade on, or if it is ok to attach with the paint on?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Its alright to do it while the paint is still on,
But i tend not to cos it makes the paint go all gooey and melty and looks nasty,

Try to remove paint only where your going to attach the it to the rhino and not a huge area around it aswell, just so you dont spoil your paint job

SGMAlice

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yes, strip the paint of the (just) part you want to glue. It's a pretty painless opperation and invisible after you've attached the dozer blade and painted it again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I used some paint thinner and cutips to get the paint off of the bottom and then I waited for it to dry, then I glued the Dozer Blade on and it's holding great, I just need to repaint the bottom and then it's all done.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
how is the chimera blade attached?, if it glues on with struts underneath like the leman russ one just use a knife to scrape the paint away, you won't be able to see underneath anyway.

edit: nevermind

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is the chimera blade attached?, if it glues on with struts underneath like the leman russ one just use a knife to scrape the paint away, you won't be able to see underneath anyway.

edit: nevermind
I have already stripped the paint which worked great, I've already gotten all done and painted by now. Plus stripping works better because it doesn't ruin the plastic at all, and if you are careful enough you wont ruin the paint job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts