Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are alternate CSM cult troops based on my own rewrite of the Heresy.
For more information you can find some of my fluff HERE

Thrall Squad of Tzeentch

Number/Squad:
1 Aspiring Sorcerer - for points stats see Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer Pg 37 CSM Codex
5-20 Thrall Marines – pts – for stats see Chaos Space Marine pg 27 CSM Codex

Wargear:
All: Power Armour, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades

Aspiring Sorcerer: Force Weapon and Inferno Bolts – See Thousand Sons entry Pg 37 CSM Codex

Special Rules:
4+ Invulnerable Save (Including the Mark of Tzeentch), Fearless
Death Coven – Each marine of a Thrall squad has pledged himself to the Aspiring Sorcerer and is prepared to sacrifice himself so that the Sorcerer may use a power of absolute destruction. During the shooting phase one thrall may be sacrificed and removed from gameplay so that one of the following powers maybe used without the requirement of a psychic test.

Gift of Chaos – See Pg CSM Codex

Firestorm – Range 48”, Str 4, AP 5 Hvy 1, large blast, no cover saves

Thunderbolt – Range 48”, Str 9, AP 4, Hvy 1, pinning

Warpfield – It is Warptime but benefits the entire squad – See Pg 88 CSM Codex

I have a few other powers in mind; but this is what I got for now :victory:

Options for special, heavy weapons and transport options are the same as a CSM squad as shown on Pg 96 CSM Codex

Options for Aspiring Sorcerer are the same as Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer as found on Pg 98 CSM Codex

Nightmare Squad of Slaanesh

Number/Squad:
1 Nightmare Champion – Pts and stats are the same as the Noise Champion on Pg 39 CSM Codex

5-20 Nightmare Marines – Pts and Stats are the same as the Noise Marines on Pg 39 CSM Codex

Wargear:
All: Power Armour, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Krak Grenades

Special Rules:
Fearless, Mark of Slaanesh (included in profile)

Warp Scream – Treated the same as Aura of Acquiescence see Pg 75 of Chaos Daemons Codex. Any Nightmare Marine can use his Warp Scream instead of firing a weapon with the following profile: Range 12” Str - AP - Assault 1 Pinning. Note Warp Scream can only be used for pinning as a ranged weapon kind of like an LRAD.

Euphoric Trance – Roll 1D6 each time the squad is in close combat. On a result of a 1 the squad loses itself in the murderous melee and each member of the squad gains D3 extra attacks. Unfortunately the squad is so immersed in the violence that they cannot perform Sweeping Advance.

Options for special, close combat weapons and wargear options are the same as a Chaos Raptor squad as shown on Pg 96 CSM Codex. Note: This does not mean the Nightmare Squad can have jump packs.

The squad may have a dedicated transport option of a Chaos Rhino – for details see Pg 96 CSM Codex

Well if you have any ideas for your own alternate cult troops please post :victory:

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Thrall Squad of Tzeentch

Number/Squad:
1 Aspiring Sorcerer - for points stats see Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer Pg 37 CSM Codex
5-20 Thrall Marines – pts – for stats see Chaos Space Marine pg 27 CSM Codex

Wargear:
All: Power Armour, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades

Aspiring Sorcerer: Force Weapon and Inferno Bolts – See Thousand Sons entry Pg 37 CSM Codex

Special Rules:
4+ Invulnerable Save (Including the Mark of Tzeentch), Fearless
Death Coven – Each marine of a Thrall squad has pledged himself to the Aspiring Sorcerer and is prepared to sacrifice himself so that the Sorcerer may use a power of absolute destruction. During the shooting phase one thrall may be sacrificed and removed from gameplay so that one of the following powers maybe used without the requirement of a psychic test.

Gift of Chaos – See Pg CSM Codex

Firestorm – Range 48”, Str 4, AP 5 Hvy 1, large blast, no cover saves

Thunderbolt – Range 48”, Str 9, AP 4, Hvy 1, pinning

Warpfield – It is Warptime but benefits the entire squad – See Pg 88 CSM Codex

I have a few other powers in mind; but this is what I got for now :victory:

Options for special, heavy weapons and transport options are the same as a CSM squad as shown on Pg 96 CSM Codex

Options for Aspiring Sorcerer are the same as Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer as found on Pg 98 CSM Codex
Intriguing; part way between ordinary squads and Thrall Wizards.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Blood Angel Khorne Berzerkers: 18 Pts each

WS:5 – BS:4 – S:4 – T:4 – W:1 – I:4 – A:2 – Ld:8 – Sv:3+

Squad Number: 5 - 8 Khorne Berzerkers

Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear: Power Armour, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak grenades

Special Rules: Fearless, Furious Charge, Mark of Khorne (included in profile),
Red Thirst: If a Berzerker Squad causes any casualties in close combat, then all remaining Berzerkers can re-roll results of 1 to hit.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here's an idea that maybe you could add to Blood Angel Berserkers

Black Rage: If a Berzerker Squad fails a Leadership test that would cause them to flee, they instead move that distance toward the nearest enemy. If this puts them base to base with them, they engage in close combat and count as Assaulting during their next round of close combat.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Black Rage: If a Berzerker Squad fails a Leadership test that would cause them to flee, they instead move that distance toward the nearest enemy. If this puts them base to base with them, they engage in close combat and count as Assaulting during their next round of close combat.
As they are assault troops already this would, to my mind, make them overly powerful.

At best it would have to increase their points cost severely.

Alternatively it would need a disadvantage; for example, they must pass a Leadership test at the start of the Shooting phase not to run towards and then (in the assault phase) charge the nearest unit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Black Rage thing is not a blessing imagine you guy forced to dry hump a land raider not much is gonna happen except they get shot up the next turn and hope its not that flamey raider that would get nasty haha. the only thing i noticed is that their points are cheaper but they come with plus one initiative so with furious charge they have I6 on the assault and for only 2 points more that a reg CSM i think the points needs to be adjusted a bit but being forced to run at the enemy is not always a good thing even if you do possess major Ninja asskickery skills haha

·
Registered
82 Posts
The reason why I don't have Black Rage is because in this alternate heresy I have, Blood Angels become Khorne and Sanguinus survives and rises to be a Daemon Prince. Magnus the Red is killed by the Mighty Betrayer, Roboute Guilliman, therefore having the Thousand Sons be cursed by the Black Rage instead.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Black Rage thing is not a blessing imagine you guy forced to dry hump a land raider not much is gonna happen except they get shot up the next turn and hope its not that flamey raider that would get nasty haha. the only thing i noticed is that their points are cheaper but they come with plus one initiative so with furious charge they have I6 on the assault and for only 2 points more that a reg CSM i think the points needs to be adjusted a bit but being forced to run at the enemy is not always a good thing even if you do possess major Ninja asskickery skills haha
Nail + Head = this post. Especially if the Leadership roll they fail is a Tank Shock.

*EDIT*
Just saw your reply. Oops. Maybe give it to them, then?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Oh let me have a go!

Slaanesh "Fell knights"
-Some marine find the ranged tactics of their noise marine brothers as detached and boring, as such they seek the intimate feeling of blades and blood on their faces, and the loving touch of deaths grim hand. These marines revel in the chaos of hand to hand combat as they dance a crimson jig across the battlefield.

Pts-22pts per model
Ws5 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I6 A2 Ld10 Sv3+
Champion: Ws6 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I6 A3 Ld10 Sv3+/5+
Wargear: Bolt pistol, CCW, Power armor, Frag/krack grenades.
Special rules: Fleet, Fearless, Blood lust.

Wargear options. Up two 4 members of the unit may have either plasma pistols at 5pts or inferno pistols at 10pts each. The unit may be lead by a champion for 10 points. The champion may have a power weapon for 5pts, dual lightning claws for 10pts, and may take a melta gun for 5 pt.

Blood lust:If a enemy unit breaks from close combat the fell knights most try to re-assult them in the following turn if possible.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Sup threadomancy, how you doin'?

Luke, I like the idea, but those sound unbalanced. They might be be more interesting if they were actually mounted on steeds of slaanesh.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Sup threadomancy, how you doin'?

Luke, I like the idea, but those sound unbalanced. They might be be more interesting if they were actually mounted on steeds of slaanesh.
Still you got to admit they sound more slaaneshy then the current noise marines. Last time I checked shooting someone is one of the most detached ways to kill, only a few steps away from pushing a button in a tank 70-100 feet away. Hell if they used spears and bows they would even be more engaged as it brings in skill.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'm not arguing that. Though the current view of noise marines isn't as wild and fun as the old "heavy metal band out of control" was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts