Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Crack pipe pricing as usual but damn they are some shexhy miniatures.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah. Expensive as hell, but I still want a unit of them. Time to start saving again

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I expect nothing less of FW pricing for Heresy models now. The Ultramarine dudes are more than that right?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Aye, but 'understandable'...I mean if the plastics are coming in the next 2/3 weeks as rumoured, the start up cost of a 30k army will dramatically decrease giving those who are hesitant or even balls-deep more disposable income to spend on special units like the Mor Deythan.

For example, say the average 10 tactical marines will cost £30 in plastic. It currently costs ~£61, so you save £31. Now a Palatine Blade squad costs £33. Even if it goes up to £50 then I still save £14. And that's if I buy one Palatine squad for every 10 tacticals, which I won't. More like 1 Palatine squad for every 30-40 tacticals, so I actually save a lot more.

I understand the back-lash to the prices on their own but taken as a whole, compared to what we have had to pay for a full army in the past, we're still set for a massive discount, so I'm not bothered. Besides, I like the models.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Lovely minis, but nothing special, to be honest you could easily convert normal marines to those guys, and save your self a kidney

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Yeah, the RG shoulder pads are nice, but on the whole a rather drab release. Also, I can't see a force that hunts from the shadows having any kind of white or red markings on their armour. For these guys to be realistic it'd be a black base coat and grey dry brush, and done.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Aye, but that's Forge World's interpretation. You can paint them how you like. I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmm I wonder how soon after the offical release those rifles will start popping up on SM scouts because they look far superior to the scout rifles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts