Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, there's been quite a bit of talk lately about getting this event moving forwards again. so seeing as there's a large number of uk tournament goers here, that begs the question; would anyone in the uk be interested?!!
(we have fears that it would simply be a bunch of north americans flying across the pond to play at warhammer world!)

granted astro is quite different from the uk GT's... (for starters astro has a comp scoring system!)
the missions are also rather different as everything is specifically objective based, usually around scoring units and/or claiming markers or such...

more astro info, including the comp system: www.astronomi-con.com

cheers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could you put up a link to the rules page directly as I really can't find it on the site.

The main issue I can see is fitting this event timewise, so that it doesn't clash with the bigger 40k events here.

The concept sounds good and the endorsements are from known people.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a bit daft, but you need to hit the 'astro winnipeg' link and pull up the rules from there...
there isn't a dedicated rules link simply because the rules such as comp scoring & painting are always open to change so as to create as fair a system as possible! (one of the major failings of every other comp scoring system was that they catered to marine armies for the most part...)

fitting astro into the WW schedual will likely be a chalange by the sounds of it... any decent times or that where there aren't too many 'big' events typically going on?

cheers!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm a little sceptical. I think it would get swamped by the current events calender.

For 2008 I intend to make 4 trips to Notts if possible, the 40K GT final (if I qualify), the 40K GT Heats, the WPS GT (which is compositioned) and the Epic GT or the WPS Club Challenge (whichever looks better). If there is a European qualifier again, then that goes up to 5. The chances of me making it across for another Tournament are pretty remote to be honest.

If you wanted to play at Warhammer World then I'd recommend either doing the GT, the WPS GT if you like comp, or the WPS Club Challenge if you want to play as a team. If you prefer narrative driven gaming then the campaign weekends are apparently pretty good now the GCN has taken over and offer a gaming experience you don't get outside the UK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.