Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know what it's worth, but in amidst all the Age of Sigmar stuff going on some AM bundles were released and AM bestsellers is included with SM and DA ones under Featured Products. Now understand I'm not crying out "this is what's happening"....but has anyone heard anything about the guard getting updated when the AoS stuff finishes rolling out? Not that I need or care about the undoubtedly fancy new Formations/Detachments that would be entailed in any new Codex, I just almost bought the current book the other day when I saw it at the LGS.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Astra Militarum Next for Update?

Nope, next year............

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
while I do think its unlikely, nothing would suprise me at this stage

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they seem to be accelerating the turnover of codexes, but 16 months is a bit quick even on the current time table.
*shrugs* GW wants money and cares not for our thoughts on their timetable. How long was the 6th ed. SM dex out for before being updated?

Nope, next year............
What makes you say that?

while I do think its unlikely, nothing would suprise me at this stage
Right?! I'm not even pining over it, I just don't want to buy any older Codex books anymore for fear of an update being right around the corner. If it doesn't have Formations falling out of it, it could be making GW more money.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I know they seem to be accelerating the turnover of codexes, but 16 months is a bit quick even on the current time table.
Eww.:shok::nono:

Right?! I'm not even pining over it, I just don't want to buy any older Codex books anymore for fear of an update being right around the corner. If it doesn't have Formations falling out of it, it could be making GW more money.
:cray:

I think that this summed up my feelings.

Edit: I don't mean to be such a downer on GW, but man...they haven't done much since 6th to put my faith in their hands anymore.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they haven't done much since 6th to put my faith in their hands anymore
7th edition is a solid set of rules, it was good to amalgamate some of the material that was spread out across supplements (like with super-heavies, love them or hate them) or let the supplements do all the talking (like with Stronghold Assault). They're getting quicker and quicker with the updates though which is a blessing and a curse. I don't mind grabbing a Codex when it first comes out but those that have been around for a year to year and a half seem like wastes of money if GW keeps the pace it has for the last few years.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
7th edition is a solid set of rules, it was good to amalgamate some of the material that was spread out across supplements (like with super-heavies, love them or hate them) or let the supplements do all the talking (like with Stronghold Assault).
You see I liked 6th until the rather rapid-ish release of Stronghold Assault,Imperial Knights, inquisition, and the other release paired with Stronghold Assault.

I feel that those things/trends being added to general 40k is perhaps the worst decision GW has made recently (baring the AoS and ending of Fantasy shit-storm)

----

Going back even further the Crusade of Fire book was, IMO a massive disappointment when held to other GW works to be used in campaigns - like Cities of Death, Planetary Empires, Death Worlds, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
couldnt agree more, we need a new CSM dex, plus theres the tzeench, nurgle and horned rat daemonkin dexes that IMHO should come first also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
In your head or in the garden gnomes......the garden gnomes are naughty
there are definitely no gnomes in my head (pulls otoscope out of ear canal)
but there are voices.........

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This all sounds exactly like right before the new SM 'dex was released. Strong, recent Codex with no real reason for an update aside from to bring more money to GW's pockets.

Ah well.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I think it's all nothing. Armies are all getting more and more 1-click bundles. That's all this is, just more bundles.

If it is indeed a codex then, it's definitely just gouging by GW and it really turns me off the game as a whole. For just a 'model company' they are really ramping up the release of rule books while many models remain very old sculpts or are finecast.

If they want a new book it should be either Chaos, Deamons, or more Deamonkin dexs - not saying Sisters even though, I'm more desperate than a Thai Hooker for blow right nowp-. At a stretch Tyranids simply to get all those new units, formations etc they had into a single book. Anything else really is gouging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts