Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need to clear this up since the two competative players at my local FGS contradict each other and both the their own advantage.

My unit assaults a tank and immobolises / stuns it. Said tank is now unable to move for a turn.

a) Can that unit attack the tank again in the opposing players turn since the tank hasnt moved and i'm still in combat with it

b)If i DO count as in combat with the immobolised tank can that unit

b1)Be shot at?

b2)Be lashed away?

·
Registered
795 Posts
A) No you'll have to assault the tank again in your turn.

B) Fighting a vehicle in assault is not the same fighting units in assault. Eventhough said unit is assaulting the vehicle the unit can still be shot at, lashed away, or worse assaulted themselves.

However the vehicle since it was immobilized or stun will be automatically hit when the unit assaults it again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Really need to clear this up since the two competative players at my local FGS contradict each other and both the their own advantage.

My unit assaults a tank and immobolises / stuns it. Said tank is now unable to move for a turn.

a) Can that unit attack the tank again in the opposing players turn since the tank hasnt moved and i'm still in combat with it
Yes, you are in base contact and so you are counted as in close combat with the vehicle (P63 under "successive turns")

b)If i DO count as in combat with the immobolised tank can that unit

b1)Be shot at?
Yes, they are not considered locked in combat

b2)Be lashed away?
as above
Everything is made clear on P63 of the rule book

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awsome thanks for clearing that up. I dont mind the rules being questioned but when they change from week to week and the responce is 'oh i only read that rule just after we played' i get a little suspicious.

·
Registered
468 Posts
do you not carry rulebooks around you can easily check? i always have my mini rulebook and codex to hand should anything be questioned

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the large rule book, normally carry around that and multiple codex and all my models. But sometimes i just dont have enough room for the big rule book. Thinking i should buy a small one from a bits site.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm curious about how this would work with a unit that is consolidating. Say my unit of genestealers assaults a unit of IG veterans and multi-assaults into a chimera. After the genestealers attack the vet squad is completely wiped out and the chimera is immobilized. When resolving the combat how would the consolidation work? Would the genestealers be forced to move 1" away from the chimera and deny themselves the free hits during the IG assault phase?

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Nothing in the rules covers it, but you are not required to use any of the Massacre consolidation move at all so it would be perfectly legal to remain in contact with the vehicle, but only if you destroyed any and all other Walkers or non-vehicle units. Then you'd get the attacks in the subsequent turn.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply.

In that same situation could the genestealers who just wiped out the vets move within 2" of the ones assaulting the chimera while they remain in base contact or would it be an all move or none move thing?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Opti has answered everyhting you already need to know. I actually had the same situation minus the 'lashing away part.' As soon as you immobilize the enemy vehicle or stun it you can attack it with any models (that are in base contact and those that are within the base contact models) in every single assault phase as long as that unit stays in base contact with said vehicle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
damn klokk you beat me to it!

but ye all i can decipher is the same if you choose not to consolidate the models in base contact can ofc get thier attacks but the wording is terrible if you do decide to consolidate, i can't see any clear cut way to interpret it properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts