Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys when someone is assaulting a player i know the player gets to take snap shots at the charging foe but how many shots does he get to take... say if he is a heavy 4... does he takes 4 shots.... a template, can he use the template, blast (im guessing not), rapid fire, etc thank you!!!

also when you take regular shots where do you guys messure from... the barrel tip... or the base.. and what if its a pyshic power where do u messure it then?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Overwatch shots get the full effect for the range they are in. Rapid-fire will get two shots(assaulters are almost always in Rapid-fire range), Heavy/Assault X get X shots if within range. Templates are special and get a D3 automatic hits. Blast and Large Blast weapons cannot Overwatch.

Unless it is a vehicle, all shots and Psychic powers are measured from the edge of the base of the model. You can technically measure from anywhere on the base but most pick the closest point to the target. Vehicles, even those with bases, measure from the end of the gun barrels.

Reactions: Suijin

·
Registered
622 Posts
Another thing that maybe useful is that you also needto factor LOS and cover as normal.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Psychic shooting attacks can not be use for overwatch. its FAQd.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
He wasn't asking if you can Overwatch with a Psychic Power. He was asking where you measure from when using one in general terms.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Another thing that maybe useful is that you also needto factor LOS and cover as normal.
You can't assault something that is out of LOS, but what if only a single model has LOS and that unit charges. Overwatch is fired, but only that single model would be able to be killed? The rest of them are out of LOS and can't be shot/killed?

Is that correct?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
You can't assault something that is out of LOS, but what if only a single model has LOS and that unit charges. Overwatch is fired, but only that single model would be able to be killed? The rest of them are out of LOS and can't be shot/killed?

Is that correct?
Yes that's right. It's a good way to nerf overwatch and worthwhile if your facing a heap of flamers.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
But then, as I understand it, the unit can't see the unit they want to charge, so would be unable to roll for charge distance.

·
Registered
548 Posts
He wasn't asking if you can Overwatch with a Psychic Power. He was asking where you measure from when using one in general terms.
But you made it sound like you could. Plus what other psychic power would we talking about that happen during snap shots?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Actually he didn't, the 1st part is about overwatch. Then there is a space and he asks about non assault situations.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Thank you, scscofield.

·
Registered
398 Posts
But then, as I understand it, the unit can't see the unit they want to charge, so would be unable to roll for charge distance.
Unless I missed something in the book, you check for LOS before overwatch and not afterwards.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
The only restriction is that you have to have LOS to declare a charge once it's declared your good to go.

So Mick pokes his head around the corner and spots the enemy: "There they are let's get 'em !" he gets fried and then his mates make the charge. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
The only restriction is that you have to have LOS to declare a charge once it's declared your good to go.

So Mick pokes his head around the corner and spots the enemy: "There they are let's get 'em !" he gets fried and then his mates make the charge. :)
The rules never take into account everyone hates Mick. He's always brewing for a fight but when the fruit flies he pretends to be "shot" by something called "Overwatch." Damn you Mick! :ireful2:

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
The rules never take into account everyone hates Mick. He's always brewing for a fight but when the fruit flies he pretends to be "shot" by something called "Overwatch." Damn you Mick! :ireful2:
I never knew ! and to think of all the touching letters I wrote to his wife. Bastrard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts