Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF I had to assault Jain Zar.... what ultramarine would stand a chance (given normal rolls for both parties)? ... initiative just seems to be an impassable hurdle when facing her. HELP! :headbutt:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Someone with a ss so they live long enough than a relic blade. That seems a nice set up as the pw is negated by the 3++. Shoo could even gor with a pf or th and insta kill her

·
Registered
249 Posts
As above, with some slight differences. You can't instakill her, she has Eternal Warrior. That said, she's only got a 2+ armour save* and 3 wounds. Pick your unit right (as above, TH/SS termies...) and she'll be easy to take down, minimal casualties.

*I love saying someone has 'only' the best armour save possible, but you get what I mean, right? She doesn't have any invulnerable save.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Captain with a Relic blade and a Storm shield. digital weapons to make sure you get a wound. She has no inv save, so Relic blade FTW.

No point taking a power fist, she cannot be IK'd.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Just make sure you get that charge. Don't give her the chance to get the extra attack in CC, and try to stay out of 12" from her until you can assault. You don't want to give her a chance to shoot either.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Ugh, just try to avoid her altogether. Jain Zar is freaking nuts in close combat and ain't too shabby in the shooting phase either. The sheer number of high Strength power weapon attacks she can dish out in a single turn makes it risky to engage her even with Assault Terminators with storm shields (you could easily have a bad round of rolling and lose two or even three models before crushing her). If she's usually in a unit of Howling Banshees, be sure to shoot the Banshees down as quickly as possible with heavy bolters and such, then try to cause some wounds on her with plasma weaponry before dealing with her in assault. Since she's so quick it'll likely be impossible to stay out of combat with her forever, so make sure to weaken her before she gets there, then hit hard.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
If you absolutely must fight her in cc, send a walker in. Use a dread if you have one or maybe something like an armoured sentinel. Have her bang her head on something with armour 12 or 13.

A lot of the things people have talked about so far have one thing in common: they cost more than she does. It shouldn't be necessary to explain why this is a bad thing. Really, the best option is to be inside a rhino so she can't get you, and then shoot her a bunch of times. Transport vehicles really are the best answer to a lot of nasty cc units.

·
Registered
80 Posts
She has hit and run if she immobilised the walker she could then run away.
Just template and mass fire apon her squad then once shes alone just avoid of if nothing better to shoot at send some melta las cannon shots.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hehe, in my last game I managed to assault her squad with a furioso dreadnought. :)

I baited her with a RAS surrounding Mephiston. The banshees wiped the RAS, but couldn't get to Mephy, and the dreadnought locked them on my turn. Bye bye, elf chicks!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
To be honest you should know that Jain zar has the fleet rule and as such is much more maneuverable than any walker present in a standard marine army. Best way to get rid of her is just to pile 5 sternguard in a rhino armed with 2 plasma guns and as many combi-plasma guns as possible. When she gets close shoot towards her 12 inches pile the unit out and rapid fire the crazy drug addled banshee until she dies. hitting on 3's and then wounding on 2's with no armour save means she dies quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I think we're all aware that she has fleet. Not sure it has a lot to do with anything though. If she is fleeting away from my dread I'm pretty happy, because it means she is not killing my guys. She won't even be shooting. I think we're all talking about a situation where she is either locked with something already, or maybe has just killed one of your units in cc, so she's pretty close.

Shooting her with a lot of plasma is fine. You can shoot her friends with ordinary small arms if you get a chance and then drop heavier stuff on her.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
initiative just seems to be an impassable hurdle when facing her. HELP! :headbutt:
I is. JZ has the highest Insiative in the entire game on the cahrge being a total of 11(since modifires can take out over the 10 mark)

I suggest someone with a strength 6+ weapons and ht ehighest Invunrable save possible. Lysander, Vulkan or even a noraml captain with fist or Relic blade will kill her. You have have to survie as she doesn't have an Invun save and is only Toughness 3 so Hammers, Relic's and Fists will killer her easy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts