Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

can anyone tell me if the vet sarg from a assault squad have a lightning claw.
as he is a vet he has can use the armoury so i think yes but as this is not in black and white i wanted to ask the experts:grin:

·
Registered
598 Posts
i believe so..because of the vet. upgrade. but im not too sure either...if i could grab my codex then i would..its one of those shifty ones, i agree..
been a while since i read the codex..but if it doesn't exceed any regulations or rules which are put down..then i see no problem..

better get someone else to clarify though!

·
Registered
389 Posts
sergents can get terminator honours for 15 pts which give you and extra attack and also let you choose stuff from the armoury :p
but i dont quite know about veteran sergents

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes they can, But I just found out that Vet Honours give the model a Leadership of 9! It took me 2 years to figure that one out!

·
Registered
389 Posts
veteran honours?

·
Registered
505 Posts
DarknessDawns, when a model is given teminator honors, he is usually called a veteran sergeant. Veteran honors is just another name for terminator honors

·
Registered
389 Posts
ohhh i get it now
ill figure out these terms soon enough :)

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
occasionally, someone will also refer to Terminator Honours as the Crux Terminatus-- it's just a third thing thrown in to confuse you further. ;)

Basically, if a sergeant has toys that are usually limited to Captains and the like, he's a Veteran. Or is supposed to be-- if he's not, then your opponent's army isn't valid.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
No one's asked this yet, but it is kinda important Spitfire.

Which codex are you using? I'm guessing that most people that are replying are assuming you're using Codex: Space Marine, and if you are, no problem. As everyone has said, Terminator Honours=Veteran Sergeant=access to Armoury.

If you're using Codex: Blood Angels, Codex: Dark Angels, Codex: Black Templars or Codex: Space Wolves you might have a problem. The only one of these I'm familiar with is Codex: BA; but I don't have my copy to hand. IIRC, you can't give an assault squad sergeant a lightning claw. Don't know about the other codices. If you're using a codex other than Space Marine we probably need to know.

Hope this has helped.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
George, Space Wolves still work like normal marines. If you buy terminator honors you cna buy stuff from the armoury, including claws.

I think Templars work the same.

Spitfire, do you have the newest Dark Angel codex, the one that just came out last year?
Because the new Dark Angel codex doesn't have an armoury that you can pick and choose from. It should say right in the assault squad description that "The veteran Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol with a plasnma pistol for XX, he may erplace his chainsword with a power weapon for XX or a power fist for XX, etc"

Dark Angels do not have unlimited armoury access anymore. You are strictly limited to the choices outlined in the entry.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's then a matter of how many pts you want to pay for a 1 wound model.
I prefer to give him a pwr fist as it is more universal.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Powerfists are always a good choice. You can kill ICs, break tanks or wipe the floor with half a squad. The fact it's I1 doesn't matter much since it's easy to make sure thre sarge lives long enough to swing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
George, Space Wolves still work like normal marines. If you buy terminator honors you cna buy stuff from the armoury, including claws.

I think Templars work the same.
Space Wolves do not have access to terminator honours, as they have to be equipped from the SW armoury and there are no terminator honours on it.

Wolfguard Pack Leaders (WGPL) can choose stuff from the armoury, are LD 9 and 2 attacks base so it's basically the same.

What I'm basically saying is that we're awesome and do not need those foolish signs on our shoulders ^^

Lemartes

1 - 20 of 29 Posts