Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nope. He must move to engage the closest model in the squad, and wounds are dealt to models engaged.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nope. He must move to engage the closest model in the squad, and wounds are dealt to models engaged.
that's not strictly true. Wounds are dealt to UNITS engaged, and ICs behave as independent units in CC. So, if the combat looks like this:

o o ø ø ø o
x x x Y x x o
o o ø ø ø o

x are your units, Y is your reclusiarch, o are the enemy units that can ONLY attack the normal models, and ø can target either the normal models, or the reclusiarch. The small difference between what I'm saying and what Boz said is that if one of the o's on the right causes a wound on the x's, you don't have to take the wound on the models that are on B2B with that one in particular, but rather from the entire unit.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Agreed. What I meant to say was that... ah, I'll just use your nifty graphic.
o o ø ø ø o
x x x Y x x
z z z z z z
The z are your units that can't be harmed in CC, but can't attack either. If it were like this...
o o o o o o
x x x x x x
z z z Y z z
Your Reclusiarch would have been immune to CC, but could not attack.

·
Registered
252 Posts
All true, unless you have one of those exceptions like the Black Templars' Emperor's Champion who specifically moves to engage enemy ICs.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Worth noting as well that you are not allowed to hide your ICs from CC. When the defenders make their counter move after being assaulted, the IC must move into base contact first before the rest of the unit. Models that are in base contact attack each other, models not in base contact, but within 2" of a model that is, can choose who to attack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts