Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was playing with a friend when he brought in a 10 man squad of marines via drop pod. They went on to fire their bolt pistols at my guys then assaulted them. I was fairly sure that you couldnt assault upon deep striking but my friend argued that you could assault out of open topped vehicles and that a drop pod was an open topped vehicle, so i let him do it. But now looking back on this i wonder if its legal. Is it? and can terminators go in drop pods?

·
Registered
496 Posts
he fired his BOLTERS, AND ASSULTED?

you should smack him around the face

you cant fire rapidfire weapons then assult and you cant assult after deep striking....

your friend is an ass x3

and yes i think Termies can go in pods... but im not 100% on that o.o

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Flame80010 said:
he fired his BOLTERS, AND ASSULTED?

you should smack him around the face

you cant fire rapidfire weapons then assult and you cant assult after deep striking....
So i was playing with a friend when he brought in a 10 man squad of marines via drop pod. They went on to fire their bolt pistols
Reading is FUN! :p

Some Terminators can take Drop Pods, it depends on what Codex you're using.

Space Wolves may but not others.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
The only unit that I know of that can assault from a DP is Vanguard Vets. using Heroic Intervention. Not sure if there are any others like this, but this is the only way that I KNOW you can assualt after you deep strike.

·
4,491 Posts
The only unit that I know of that can assault from a DP is Vanguard Vets. using Heroic Intervention. Not sure if there are any others like this, but this is the only way that I KNOW you can assualt after you deep strike.
No, you can NOT assault with Vanguard from a Drop Pod.

You can only use Heroic Intervention when deep striking with Jump Packs.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Blood Angels Terminators can use a drop pod, and Tactical marines can use Land Raiders.....F**k you Space Marine codex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts