Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that pistols can only be fired once after moving and only once before assaulting, but can they do both? When my marines were getting their asses handed to them by orks; I decided to send my assault marines in a suicide mission to kill the ork warboss. I moved my marines 12" right up into the warboss' face and then began wondering whether someone can move, fire a bolt pistol, and then assault. I asked around and they all agreed that you can do that. So, I fired the bolt pistols, causing 1 wound, and charged the warboss. In the end, the warboss was dead along with 4 of my assault marines, leaving no one but my sergeant alive. I would have never killed the warboss if I hadn't fired the bolt pistols so my question is, can someone move, shoot a bolt pistol and assault?

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
The short answer is yes.

Pistols are not rapid-fire weapons, although you can fire a pistol twice if you're stationary (in which case, you can't charge anyway.) Pistols are pistols-- they have their own unique rules in the BBB. Specifically, a pistol can fire once up to its maximum range (which is 12'' unless otherwise noted... I can't think of anything other than an inferno pistol that has shorter range) and counts as an additional close combat weapon in close combat. If you don't move, you can fire twice. If you fire once (i.e. you moved and shot) you can charge afterwards. Stationary models can't charge anyway, so that's not an issue.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Doesn't matter what kind of pistol it is, so long as it has the 'Pistol' weapon type.

You may move and fire your pistols once.
You may remain stationary and fire twice.
If you fire only once (whether you moved or not) you may assault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts