Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I wonder if it was simply kit-bashed with the Vanguard vet.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ps. that's a sharp eye you've got there, i wouldn't have noticed it.
I stare longingly sometimes...

I wonder if it was simply kit-bashed with the Vanguard vet.
Has GW ever falsely advertised bits like this before? I have never seen it happen personally.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
Yeah you could buy those thunder hammers with a storm shield in packs of 5 off the g.w site, but as Jac said looks more like the Iron Hand hammer off the upgrade sprue but hopefully they will put one in the sprue soon

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't think so Einherjar. Of all the things GW has done, falsely advertising what's in a box isn't one of them I don't think.

It makes sense though, the Tactical squad got revamped and there's more plastic special weapons now than ever before with the new Stern/Vanguard kits so there's bis to go around. All it would take for them is nudging around the way the sprue is cast I feel.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It's a conversion using the old metal Thunder Hammer arm. I was told this after asking the same question at Warhammer World, and the guy explained to me that it was a conversion that they'd forgotten was a conversion. Weird that they've never corrected it though.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Its not a conversion its the iron hands thunder hammer as stated before, it was on the box art for the assault squad too, sorry chaps nothing to do with a new assault squad, there are a few others like this too, one on the dark angel veterans box too that wasnt in the kit, 3 alternative heads for the ven dread which got taken off the sprue and moved to another space marine kit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Its not a conversion its the iron hands thunder hammer as stated before, it was on the box art for the assault squad too, sorry chaps nothing to do with a new assault squad, there are a few others like this too, one on the dark angel veterans box too that wasnt in the kit, 3 alternative heads for the ven dread which got taken off the sprue and moved to another space marine kit.
You just broke my heart.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The Cadian Defence Force picture is banjanxed as well on the new website with a model not in the box

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not like I wanted to equip my sergeants with hammers, just would have been nice for conversions' sake.

Nuts.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
they have removed him now, but if you do a search the old photo pops up for a millisecond with the old commander model then gets replaced with the current one.
I wonder how many pre-orders there were of it before it was noticed :nono:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I stare longingly sometimes...

Has GW ever falsely advertised bits like this before? I have never seen it happen personally.
The Spacemarine Megaforce from 3ish years ago has a Lascannon on the box but does not include any devastators. I am sure that is not the first time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts