Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for a while i have been playing my BA's with my normal marines so having to use generic modals that apper in both codex's to use them, but now after a while i felt it's time to get some propper BA's so below if my current list that i want to be able to use.

Dante - 225pts
Sanguinary Guard w/ x2 Fists, x2 Infernus pistols, Death Masks - 265pts
10 Assault Marines w/ x2 Meltaguns, Fist - 235pts
5 Death Compnaty w/ x1 thunder Hammer, Jump packs - 205pts
1 Land Speeder w/ MM, HF - 70pts

Total - 1000pts
Every unit has the ability to deal with armour whith my Speeder being my main anti-tank along with my assault marines if needed. I wanted a named hero really for my force however i can't deside 100% on who. Opions?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Main red flags i see here would be that your using Dante, he is really expensive for this point level, aswell so are the sanguinary guard. At most i would take a kitted captain or libby w/ an honour guard or vanguard unit. drop the RAS down to 8 and of course only 1 melta. I dont know if your dead set on the DC, but they are really expensive and only leave you 1 scoring unit. i would drop them for another 8 man RAS. with the points thus far you could take a priest and another speeder. IMO, speeders should always be run in pairs. and if you want even cheaper mobile meltas, go with some attack bikes, they are always fun.

If you absolutely insist on a named character, i suppose dante would be your best bet, but keep in mind, 6 non-scoring models right now account for 50% + of your points. Personally i would take a JP Libby w/ Blood Lance and Sword of Sanguine. Now he can fit into a jump sqd, pop tanks, and hits like a beast in CC. just no inv save though, so you would have to be careful.

and if you drop dante, i would suggest dropping the guard and just picking up a small retuine like a vanguard, RAS, (i dont have the codex infront of me and i havent had my coffee yet) but i think he can take a honour guard?

If i tallied right, you should also have enough for atleast a JP sang priest to boost your CC capability.

Just some thoughts, i hope that helps! happy hunting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Blood_Knight about for the most part. Although Dante does make the sang. guard scoring, both units are a bit too expensive at the 1000pts mark. Also, I've never been a fan of the death company for anything but fluff. I do, however, like the assault squads the way they are, as the loadout allows you to combat squad effectively so that you can better cover objectives. If it were my list, I would put in an unnamed HQ instead of Dante, swap the death company for another assault squad (one with flamers maybe?) and ether swap the guard for something cheaper, or get rid of some upgrades. If you have points left over, then I also agree that a sang. priest would do well in your list.

Edit: another land speeder would also be nice

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with all of these suggestions.... Except that at 1000 points, I would probably swap the sang. guard for something like a Baal Pred. They are great firepower that is a great horde stopper. I like your choice for a very speedy army...

For the Emperor and Sanguinius!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts