Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Dark Sword assassin miniature that I recently painted for a client. The general color scheme was not my choice, but I think it turned out rather well. So here she is, all manner of commentary are welcome.

I put her up on CMON if anyone cares to vote.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
i would rep you, but i have to spread it. very well done. i agree with Unforgiven, not too fond of the pink hair, but it wasnt your choice.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
interesting assassin. like the others, the pink hair seems off to me, but thats what they wanted right? otherwise +rep for an awsome paint job, in any case

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the colors on the cloak. May I ask what grays and other colors you used for the cloak. Plus rep
Well, I started out with black, and worked my way up to the lighter greys you see.

I used blue-greys the while time, so my darker grey was P3 Greatcoat Gray and my lighter color (for the extreme highlights) was P3 Frostbite. I used very little of the frostbite on this dark gray, as that color is very close to white (I did use quite a bit of frostbite on the skin, though).

If I wanted to use Citadel Paints for these, I would have used Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey.

Of course, there are a lot of layers where I mixed those colors together with black and then with one another, trying to achieve smooth transitions.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Awesome work as usual. I'd give you some reputation but I have to spread the love a bit more before I can. I've been looking to see some flaw that I can point out to help you improve (not that you need it :p) but I really can't find anything.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome work as usual. I'd give you some reputation but I have to spread the love a bit more before I can. I've been looking to see some flaw that I can point out to help you improve (not that you need it :p) but I really can't find anything.
Well, thank you. Go ahead and spread the love around, I have quite a bit of reputation already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts