Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting somepictures of my first sorceror as I'm working on him, I'm still brushing the dust of my painting abilities after a long haitus so please :biggrin: be gentle

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Mate, like you i have dusted the hobby down after a looong spell away from the paints.

Lovin' being back! Hope you are too...

Anyway, looks like you are going well there on this wee project, though if it were me I'd have based the mini last. Could just be my own way though...

Arabest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I kinda felt that too but it was kinda too late by then :/ live and learn, the blues don't look to great now but once I get the other colours on there I think they'll be more striking

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always cut away the feet plastic thing that goes into the base (for small models), and for bigger models I cut away the pins of the feet. I paint the model first, then I make a really elaborate base, and glue the guys on the bases sometimes with repositioned feet. It would be better if you did cut him away and redid the base. (a few times I would do what you did, but then I would break the guys from bases, and that would break the bases in half, but you can still successfully fix them, and make your model look great.)
Ill show you an example

All 3 of those guys were glued into the slots, and their bases had sand carpets glued, foilage, stones, particles etc. but I still fixed them and made better bases. Also sorry for my mediocre painting job, I suxxors.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I really like the sorcerer, especially the glowing effect you got on the eyes. looks great :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a little giggle about the eyes, I just painted them roughly before hand because I knew I couldn't manage it afterwards :p I will try and make them glow though as he's a sorceror, like jaffa from aladin...but cooler

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
they look like they're glowing to me already anyway so good job :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sooo I kinda powered through with this, got into the swing of things and kept going and its now midnight but I'm pretty much finished, I know I missed the skull at the waist at least. I do very much hate painting yellow though :) learning as I go though, I think it's either a chaos lord next or just a regular marine depends how I feel :)

EDIT : Will have some chaos lord photos up soonish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts