Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured even though it was cover art for a Black Library novel, this question was better posed to the General 40k crowd as a whole.

What is the aircraft in the back cover art for Hunt for Voldorius? I don't recognize it from anything and I was wondering (maybe hoping) that it might be the artist's concept of a Storm Raven. Since we haven't seen art anywhere else for it, I was wondering what everyone thought (since I totally dig idle speculation.)

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I think it's meant to be a thunderhawk. Considering there is no mention of either chapter using storm ravens in the novel, but lots of mention of thunderhawks, I think this is safe to assume.

Mind you, the art on that cover also raises a few other questions. What are the funny looking weapons on the razorback also on the back of the cover, and why do all the marines look like they're carrying plasma or melta guns, or why the crosses on the assault marines jump packs are at the wrong angle?

I think the answer is just artistic licence, because I'd hate to think the reason is because the artist just isn't that familiar with the 40k universe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts