Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like that you left the face blank Juddski. I think it's more intimidating that way. What if we combined the more compelling features from both?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They are both excellent concepts.

Perhaps a combat variant outfittable with various wargear and an engineer variant, with a smaller frame better suited to smaller scale tasks like maintenance.

·
Registered
638 Posts
In reading the revised fluff for Serpion5, it made me think that when the Gnosis realized their pre-Imperial contact mechanical bodies weren't suitable really for war making, they'd come up with something that looks like the Shrike from Dan Simmons's Hyperion novels. Add one of these to the middle of a mele battle and you'd have enough blood to make Khorne get a woodie!

However, since I'm not an artist, don't have license to his work, and the Shrike would be a bitch to model, there you are.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
It is all worth considering, and it need not necessarily be exclusive to one design. Older marks of machine vs newer ones as well as the various tasks the Gnosis would use them for means we can have two or three varying "looks" if we really want to.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
During my holidays I intend to tinker with a few of the designs in this thread and see if I can pull together some concept sketches.

My focus wandered, but I want to try and revive this thing now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts