Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the late posting but here is the October army painting challenge thread.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I'll be constructing and painting a Landraider Redeemer, looking forward to it! Pics up tomorrow I think...

Edit: Pic! Tada...

Actually this is slightly false, I ended up using the loose sprues for the vanilla landraider from the old Chaos Battleforce box. Still, same difference, the sprues are the same, just not the add ons.

Second Edit: On closer inspection, this is going to be harder to complete than I thought...

So I've written to Forge World for a replacement, but if I paint the rest up and assemble it (without the replacement) can I still enter it this month? Forgeworld takes a few weeks to ship to Aus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
as the new dark elves are out this month i will stick to painting them and go for a bigger unit of 10 cold one riders pics to follow Monday.

and here they are!!

almost had to use a RLC this month as had 9 pups introduced to the world and that ment a lot of sleepless nights....
but here they are just missing shields and only painted to a table top standard, but done none the less

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Well, I didn't manage to get anything painted last month so it'll be the same for me this month, either paladins, knights or a hero. Haven't decided yet :p

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
As I redeemed a Real Life card last month with the double entry, I'm gonna use it this month, I've checked with the child protection authorities they confirmed the Heresy Online painting competition was not valid for leaving my two week old newborn to fend for herself, what a mixed up world we live in!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Finished up another Great Cannon for my Empire army:

Before:

After:

(and yes I realize one of the powdermen in the before picture is different...somehow I managed to swap in one from my mortar crew when I was taking the before pics...corrected one I started painting)

·
Registered
428 Posts
As I redeemed a Real Life card last month with the double entry, I'm gonna use it this month, I've checked with the child protection authorities they confirmed the Heresy Online painting competition was not valid for leaving my two week old newborn to fend for herself, what a mixed up world we live in!
could you not paint the newborn and enter her as a titan. nice bonding exercise?

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
@humakt, I'd like to change over to some dropzone commander minis this month (a squad of tanks). And maybe go back to my fantasy humans later on in the challenge.

My main question is whether I can treat the contents of the starter box (which is actually 2 armies) as a single army change because they model count is so much lower. If not, that's fine I'll just choose one of the armies to go with for a couple months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Asmodus Oct Entry

Due to limited time constraints this month (already the 15th and i haven't started) and not wanting to play a wimp card :laugh:, i will be doing just the Interrogator Chaplain, Seraphicus.
Ravenwing will be next month..

Attachments

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Although I haven't posted at all in this challenge so far (I will be starting from the beginning on the next one...) I'm going to try to get a unit of 10 Wood Elves with a musician painted. I'll post the before and afters together.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Started basecoating and realized I hadn't put up a proof photo yet--so here's my half-based, rushed, blurry photo.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Ok. Still waiting on parts from forgeworld, does this count minus the right hand psycannon Humakt? Here in Aus we don't necessarily get FW within a month, sadly.

Pics so far:

From the front:

From the side:

And from the top... something's missing...

I hope this is still in the spirit of the competition... the missing part arrived from forgeworld and I've finally been able to finish the landraider!

Apologies for the focus on that photo...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.