Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Army Painting Challenge - May 2013

12K views 88 replies 39 participants last post by  humakt 
#1 ·
So this is the beginning of the army painting challenge for this year.

All you need to do is post a picture of the unpainted unit in this thread, and then make sure your post the completed entry before the end of the month. I will post up my first beastman unit later this week as they are not quite built yet.

#58 · (Edited)
*Edit*

I derped and posted my May Painting Deathmatch entry here earlier. However, I have also been working on my Lions Rampant, and have made a new Chapter Master model. The photos aren't great, unfortunately, but meh.

#59 ·
Had lots of distractions this month so have fallen behind. However, I may have turned it around with a caffeine fuelled day of painting yesterday.

It may be close but, by jingo, I intend to get this unit finished.

#60 ·
I'm nowhere near close to finishing at the minute so I'm going to have to burn one of my RL cards in the first bloody month :cray:
I'll post up a picture of how far I've got when I can.

I'll be back next month with a fresh entry though! I will do this challenge! :eek:k:

#61 ·
Not sure I will get my captain finished...I did some extra conversion work on the bike because I wasn't happy with it. Unfortunately, the humidity has been through the roof here, so I have been wary of putting paint down. Crossing my fingers to get it done this week though.

#66 · (Edited)
This month's entries: Canoptek Wraiths. A genuine challenge in painting, just because they're a) time consuming and b) (Spoilered for rage)

I have more pictures, if needs be. I'll be starting a project log next month, and they'll all go on there (even the ones where they've got red eyes and are gurning uncontrollably). Well, the attachments died. Here are some proper ones:

And apparently they've died too. Spoilered, attachments are back. Sorry for the stupidly huge post. Oh, and apparently the attachments are working. I'm confused now.

Attachments

#68 ·
Real Life card for me.

Any energy I had left to finish what I need has been zapped by work and I am not going to complete the unit.

Work - gets in the way of painting.

Luckily, next months project is a single character :(

#69 ·
Noooo!!!! Not both of us! :(
Eeh, likewise. I intend to pick up DV tomorrow and paint the Lord next month :)

#71 ·
This month has come and gone and its a real life card for me. I'll keep trying but I suspect I won't make the cut-off for the year.

The addition of grad school to an already full schedule has left me little time for any recreation.

#73 ·
Don't know why but every time that I sat down to work on these fellows something happened. Either I wanted to paint something else, work on terrain or just not paint them. But here they are with a few hours to spare.

#79 ·
NTAW I started with a Krylon ultra flat tan spray. Washed it in Agrax Earthshade and then used Kommando Khaki to dry brush it. Put on some bronze here some yellows there and lots of blood drops. I think it came out pretty good, I wasn't a fan of the super shiny bronzes. This way they still stand out but aren't glaring. What do you think good change?

#85 ·
Loving that effect in the lower portion!

I think i'm going to have to play a RLC. Being ill this weekend, along with my brush and white paint deciding it's a good time to go horrible means I won't be able to finish the unit to a satisfactory standard. I hate white.

I'm going to go nap, then might give it one last ditch effort to get the unit finished before tomorrow.

#87 ·
Had a good power nap, a bath and some indian, and managed to bust out the rest of the unit to an acceptable standard. I'll go back and add further details later on, but they'll do for now:

This is the best photo I can do for the moment, it being night time and all :p I'll add some better lighted photos to my log tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.