Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is the beginning of the army painting challenge for this year.

All you need to do is post a picture of the unpainted unit in this thread, and then make sure your post the completed entry before the end of the month. I will post up my first beastman unit later this week as they are not quite built yet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Returning for this one after completing 2012's just! So I'm up for this!

Blog to be constructed as well.

Stepping into the world of Fantasy this time around. The gods have been speaking to me in my dreams.

Tzeentch and Khorne demand my services and that leads me to this, I am working on a Daemons of Chaos army.

The painting of different units and colours will challenge me further in my skills.

First primed unit is
10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367395760.664782.jpg

Good luck to all that enter this year. Look forward to seeing the forces and armies being painted.

Zero Effect

·
Registered
870 Posts

Going to do these guys up. There is actually a 9th death rider now as well, not pictured.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Whoo! Let's rock!

One squad of 8 Chaos Marines coming up! I'll add a picture later this evening once my magicpicturebox has charged up :)

EDIT:

EDIT2: Undercoated. Now, what to do in the meantime....? :unsure:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
It was really hard to choose between my SWs, new Tau, or my Flames of War Germans. Considering I'm almost exclusively playing FoW lately, ze germans are in. Probably Tau for next month.

First up, a platoon of wirblewind antiaircraft tanks I need to get done for a tournament weekend after next.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts

5 termies, well it will be more like 10 or so but I'm only entering 5 so if shit goes south I don't stumble at the first hurdle.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm going to be repainting my old Imperial Guard army. Everything's sitting in a big bucket of simple green, stripped and ready to go.

For this month i'll be painting an infantry squad, pictures to follow soon.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts

Starting with a squad of CSM. With, uh, a few extra plasma gunners so I can run them as Chosen or as basic CSM.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Had a bit of a short three week hiatus from painting as work has totally slayed me recently. Instead of wanting to paint when I get home, I have just wanted to punch holes in walls. During this time, the painting challenge totally slipped my mind. Anyhoo, popped to my local GW after work today and got my first unit; a Gor Herd.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Here comes the first unit: Canoptek Wraiths. Sorry for the poor quality, but it'll be much better quality for the final ones (and a lot lighter, this was taken in the darkened den that is my room).

Also, why on earth are they so damn brittle? Might just be the weakness of GW glue, but I've had to reattach parts about 20 times so far. Let's hope some paint will help that...

Attachments

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
This is my effort, spacemarine squad, stripped broken apart (cos I'm a painting mong and have to do it bit by bit) and primed grey cos I'm a weirdo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok first up for my World Eaters war band is a squad of Zerkers/CSM Mok. Looks like I need to read up on taking pictures....looks awful, anyways they have with them 2 gunners and Icon of Wrath dude.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Asmodus 1st entry

these will be the first of the 12 entries, starting off at the bottom and working up to the characters... hopefully by the time i'm finished the left hand picture will all be nicely full table ready. :victory:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.