Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new thread for month 2 of the challenge.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Consider this last months too much real life to paint card, was very close to a completed wraithseer (which I will complete then post) but kung-fu grading this weekend took up more of my time than expected.

This month will be wraithguard, I will update this post once they turn up in the post today.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Crap crap crap. I realize it's (a few hours) too late, now, but here's my completed entry from last month. I'll post it up for vanity's sake, since I spent the last 5 hours busting ass on the final stretch for these guys, whether or not it actually counts for the competition. And I'll hold to the fact that it's still technically "morning on June 3rd (UK time)." I have not even half a leg to stand on, I know, and I wholly understand if they're to be disqualified for tardiness.

Aaaand here will be my entry for THIS month. 10 Havocs with 2 missile launchers and 2 autocannons. I'll finish this one on time, Throne damn it!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'm going to scale right back this month and do the Lord from the DV box :)
If my plan works I can use most of this month to catch up with that CSM squad I failed to complete last month :blush:

I'll sort out a picture tomorrow, as I'm about ten minutes away from going to work :(

Edit:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
sorry random question i have a squad of 12 boys, that i want to paint but i will be spreading it across 2 squads to finish the 2 squads off. will this be allowed or can i only paint one same squad?

It's my understanding that the only requirement is that the unit forms a game legal unit. In this case if all of the boys are models that would be represented by an ork boyz mob then i think you're sound but you might want to double check with Humakt.

In other news, here is this month's unit for me. I'm already working on them now and will probably try to get them done by tomorrow night. That way i have a month to work on completing construction on next months unit, potentially one of my superheavies.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Right, a High Elf BSB on steed for me this month, taking it easy to cope with all the crap that's going on this month (exams and work experience mostly). Pics tomorrow. Apology in advance for the splodgy undercoat, it was the end of the can. I really need to get a new one for next month. Oh well, I guess Lychguard wouldn't be too tough for July.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My entry for this month. I put a base of flesh tone on this guys a couple months ago, but never got around to painting them. Hope that is ok.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Also there seems to be a lot of High Elves around this year. Are they that good a list now?
In my case, it's just that I've never got around to painting most of them, having started well before the new book. It's a good book though, I'd say it's a bit better balanced than the last one - magic and CC are close to equal in pain now. Not to mention most of the new models are waaaay too cool.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Also there seems to be a lot of High Elves around this year. Are they that good a list now?
For me its just a fluke, I knew they were coming out but I didn't know I was wanting them till I traded for them.

All I have is the Island of blood kit at the moment so hopefully I can build on it!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.