Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I decided to go ahead and finish the whole squad. I was able to knock out the last five guys rather quickly. Either I'm not doing as much work on them, or I'm just making fewer mistakes. I don't know, but they went fast.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Some really good looking units posted up so far this month.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Here we go again...

Here's my entry for this month...

A Forge World Eldar Cobra Super Heavy Vehicle.

It's not quite finished yet, but it's getting there.

Hope you all enjoy...

Well, here it is in all its majesty...

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
A Hunter Squad for my Heresy-Era Sons of Horus.

So, the Luna Wolves / Sons of Horus went through four color schemes that I know of. They went from slate gray as the sixteenth legion, then white/silver as the luna wolves, the white/gray with the eye of horus badge, then sea green towards the end. Such an interesting legion.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
So, the Luna Wolves / Sons of Horus went through four color schemes that I know of. They went from slate gray as the sixteenth legion, then white/silver as the luna wolves, the white/gray with the eye of horus badge, then sea green towards the end. Such an interesting legion.
I based the color scheme off of the artwork from the Visions of the Horus Heresy art book series. I always preferred the slate grey and red to the sea green-- it's sort of a mirror of the Legion's fall into ruin. They start off in white as the Luna Wolves, and after Horus' ordeal on Davin, Horus accepts the Emperor's suggestion to re-name the Legion and their corruption begins. So then they wear grey. And after the Heresy, when their fall from grace is complete, they wear black, as the Black Legion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ughhh. This Storm Talon is going to make me ill, painting vehicles is a lot like painting normal figures, in that its not at all and its a total pain in the arse :(

10 days to go, must finish.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
There is a good chance I am taking a RLT. I am doing summer courses, working and preparing for the Korean Proficiency Exam. Not a lot of free time right now.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Late to the party yet again :)

Changing over from SM, to a Warmachine Mercenary force.

Kicking of with Broadside Bart! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Compared to the great entries we are seeing and that I'm sure will emerge my entry this month is really cheap, really cheap. 2 units........ of spore mines

The first batch unpainted is earlier in the thread, the second batch arrived shortly after

Here they are painted

The sun suddenly came out as I took one of those

and all together

Next month I'll try for something a little bit more inspiring

(spore mines are fantastic though, vs anything not in power armour, though they are a bit pricey, if only they were cheaper and didn't take an FA slot...)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Late to the party yet again :)

Changing over from SM, to a Warmachine Mercenary force.

Kicking off with Broadside Bart! :biggrin:
Done!

Admittedly he isn't based, but that's deliberate as I haven't decided how I'm going to do the force yet :)

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.