Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is the July thread for the Army Painting Challenge 2014-2015.
As mentioned elsewhere, I will be leaving the June thread open until Thursday 3rd July.

---

Here's my entry for the month.
4x Uwatsu-class Frigates.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I will be painting the following (That's right, multiple entries!)

- Chaos Lord (Kranon the Relentless model)
- 2 x Aspiring Champion
- 6 x Chosen Chaos Space Marines (3 are on their way in the mail, so they are not in the picture)

These will all be done in my newly decided theme and be the first of their kind, so it's also a semi-reveal on what theme I will be doing my new CSM force in :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I am determined to complete this months entry. As I did virtually nothing on last months entry I will complete it this month.

·
Registered
202 Posts
These will all be done in my newly decided theme and be the first of their kind, so it's also a semi-reveal on what theme I will be doing my new CSM force in :)
I'm looking forward to seeing the new scheme :grin: - One day I will paint my Chaos marines that I bought back in the mid 90's!!

My entry this month is a commander to keep my Unmann under control. It's only one figure so might give me time to finish off my Marine command squad on bikes that was one of my entries for last year that I spectacularly failed to finish!

Here's the Niwian with the rabble behind him....

Photo 01-07-2014 20 44 56.jpg

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE PAINTING THEM THAT GOOD THIS FAST?

Really splendid work mate.

Cheers dude, I'll be honest, the washes are doing a lot of the work, the origional models are really textured which always makes it easier. They were undercoated with primer on Sunday, Washed with a couple of brown washes on Tuesday between 12:10 am and 3am (i didn't wait for each wash to dry so i got the brown tones to mix a little.) Then on Tuesday night i did all the weird areas, skin showing through, bases etc. Then wednesday morning all i had to do was play with the glowey eyes and add the blood splatter to areas where the wash didn't cover as well as i had hoped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cheers dude, I'll be honest, the washes are doing a lot of the work, the origional models are really textured which always makes it easier. They were undercoated with primer on Sunday, Washed with a couple of brown washes on Tuesday between 12:10 am and 3am (i didn't wait for each wash to dry so i got the brown tones to mix a little.) Then on Tuesday night i did all the weird areas, skin showing through, bases etc. Then wednesday morning all i had to do was play with the glowey eyes and add the blood splatter to areas where the wash didn't cover as well as i had hoped.
Thats a great way to paint! Easy and highly effective :grin:

Once your done any board game evenings you do will be that much better for having great painted figures :good:

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've only had Arjac in finecast and it wasn't too bad. His mallet ( :laugh: ) was like a dogs back leg, but I didn't want that anyway :)

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.