Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Seeing as it's a double bubble month, I'm going to try a get a figure for the army I'm just starting painted :)

My new project is a small Speed Freaks warband. I've got an Ork Battle force as the core, of which I've painted all of 5 boys so far! and I've bought a couple of extra things, one of which is my second entry for this month:

A wartrakk :) I've assembled it ready for painting tonight, so fingers crossed I can get it done by the close of this month.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Screw it, I'm in for a double-entry month.

I will be painting up my newly bought Landraider, that I bought to practice my airbrushing skills before I head over to bikes:

Conversion kit is courtesy of @Subtle Discord and his awesome kits at The Dark Works. Chaos landraider tracks are incoming from ForgeWorld, but they should be here next week.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Right, after my Valkyrie I was feeling pretty confident about the production line this month...

Here's my second entry, a Leman Russ Demolisher.

Also, for my piece of mind, here's a sentinel that I was going to have done as my second entry / December's entry.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
More than that, it looks ace man! :good:
I should be done with these in a few days. Still not going to hold up to your Typhon model though ;). and im perfectly okay with that. Just gotta figure out how to do the weathering at the bottom of the cloaks without ruining the rest of the model.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Progress abound!
All that remains to do now are the ten heads to go on the riflemen, and the corporals "shin gunto". :good:

At least I know I'll complete this month, but I should have bags of time to bash out the sniper team and net the double month! :drinks:

·
Registered
202 Posts
And the Waaarrrgghhh!! Begins :) here's my first 35 points of Speed Freaks.

I do intend to start a Plog in this army as well so that might happen tomorrow.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Since I missed last month, still going to try to finish up 2 character models. Will bet up "before" pics of my Cypher and Nurgle Lord shortly...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice gun there, KF.

Hey Tawa, something that I think was missing from this last time was a summary from the participants. What say this year in the last month we have to post an army shot of everything we entered over the year?

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Chugging along nicely. I think I may finish the rifle squad today! :good:

Hey Tawa, something that I think was missing from this last time was a summary from the participants. What say this year in the last month we have to post an army shot of everything we entered over the year?
That's not a bad idea to be honest.
I reckon that could work when I post up the APC Final Roundup in June, if everybody that has completed replies with a picture of what they've painted :good:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I sat down last night to paint my truck and howitzer, but the thought of painting more infantry minis after painting so many for this army so far was a right turn off, even if it was only 4 crew minis. After painting the truck I turned back to my Brits, and a tank that's been looking at me only base coated for a while. This thing is a monster, a heavy tank with a bunker buster of a heavy howitzer, the Churchill AVRE, one of the legendary D Day tanks known as Hobart's Funnies. All I need now is the decals I ordered yesterday to arrive so I can properly finish it off. This will also count as the first entry of my second army in the Challenge, as everything up to now has been USMC.

Apologies for the lack of "before" photos, but I forgot all about them when the muse caught me.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Squad No2 complete!

Now to try and get the sniper team done as well :)

EDIT: I haven't got suitable parts leftover to build a decent looking sniper team, and it will take too long to order the metal ones in.
I have enough bits to knock up a Suicide AT Team, but as it's a one figure unit I won't be classing it towards my own APC score. Gets me another unit done though! :good:

·
Registered
522 Posts
That looks fantastic, Nice one. :victory: I really need to work on my lighting techniques. I'm not there yet.
Anyway, this nearly finished me off. Just finished 5 flash gitz tonight, had to rush a bit to get them done there's some bits I want to re-visit.
However, I did learn how to paint gems and made use of the technique in my gitfindas for the first time. It's come out Ok,
The orks skin tone looks a lot more vivid in the photos than I see in natural light. I'm going to work on that too, as well as some of my highlighting.
Still, they were highly detailed and each one is the size of a warboss, so it was like painting 5 characters, rather than troops. Hard work at the end of it TBH...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Great work guys, those three posts contain some very well painted models!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.