Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Cheers, Dave!

Internet seems to be ok again now, not sure what the glitch was yesterday :scratchhead:

Anyhoo, this month I will be doing the Type97 Medium Tank. Pic to follow :good:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Ah damn I forgot AGAIN to get a shot before I applied a basecoat...

Leman Russ Squadron for me this month. After that, two empire duelists and then on to doing some tabletops!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Man these vehicles are simple to crack out. 3 leman russ battle tanks to flesh out my Tank Company, done:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've got a handful of odds and sods I've been meaning to finish off that I'm going to enter into this month. I hope it's ok as it's not one complete unit but a bunch of miscellaneous models that need finishing up. it includes...

4x lootas made up from spares
1x painboy
2x big shoota boyz
2x Nobz
5x powerclaws to be magnetized and used with my nobz units.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts

Thousand sons this month (sorry Nord kinda out of word bearers), would like some opinions on the test model I quite like it but still got some doubts. Done some before with the standard yellow but felt they got slightly cartoony so this was my attempted solution.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
would like some opinions on the test model I quite like it but still got some doubts.
The golds work much better than yellow, and the blue / purple combo works very well. However, I would probably color the boltgun in another color, instead of blue, to create some contrast between the weapon and the model. Right now it's hard to seperate the model from the gun, and the blue becomes a bit too much.

If I were you, I would focus on the weapon and not the model. The model is perfect in my eyes.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, I'm officially off the wagon, at this point. But hey, I still have all the units I painted over the course of the competition so far done, so no bit loss there, eh?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I was thinking green to match gems/eyes but then thought it might take away from the glowing eyes so went for purple.
I think the purple is much better - The only thing I could recommend at this point is a brighter dot inside the eyes themselves. The point from where the glow comes from should always be the lightest, and currently the eyes themselves have the same brightness as the surrounding area.

Do that, and I think you're there.

·
8,723 Posts
Looking good @Howzaa :good:

Well, I'm officially off the wagon, at this point. But hey, I still have all the units I painted over the course of the competition so far done, so no bit loss there, eh?
There's always the next one Mossy :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Alright here's my entry. Going with a librarian this month. Kitbashing for the most part. There is going to be some greenstuff work to be done ( alot possibly) but he will be awesome. I'm also throwing him into the painting deathmatch and conversion contest so I'm going for atriple there's this month. =P

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bit of a progress update for my Miscellaneous units. Finished off my 2 Big Shoota Boys, 2 Nobz, 7 powerclaws and modified my existing Nobz and the new ones so that the PK's are magnetised and are at last interchangeable.
Only the 4 Lootas and my Painboy to go. Bit pushed for time this month, but I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

·
8,723 Posts
I've got a handful of odds and sods I've been meaning to finish off that I'm going to enter into this month. I hope it's ok as it's not one complete unit but a bunch of miscellaneous models that need finishing up. it includes...

4x lootas made up from spares
1x painboy
2x big shoota boyz
2x Nobz
5x powerclaws to be magnetized and used with my nobz units.

I appear to have missed reading this post.

If it's odds and ends toward finishing up existing units, then I don't really have a problem with it :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
It is just that, apart from the painboy. I only included him because I've entered him into the monthly painting death match, and he's part of my army. The rest are all odds and ends I never got around to finishing and go in with the rest unpainted usually and it was starting to annoy me so I thought I would do all the odds and ends in one go.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts