Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new month and a new thread. Sorry for the delay getting this up.

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Well, for the last month I'm going to paint the big boss, Mhorgoth the Faceless using one of my favourite minis as a stand in; Sauron!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm torn between stuff this month. Although I want to keep the momentum going with my empire army I also have a load of WoC stuff on the way which I'll add to the couple of units I painted nearly a decade ago. Also I have the Knight Models' Joker's crew on the way and I could switch to them too.

Choices choices.

So either empire knights, chaos knights or knights models joker or crew

Basically lots of knights :p

I'll update this post when I choose but empire will likely win out the month

And here's the edit! I felt like actually giving my knight's colour scheme a go so here's my first 6 Knights Harlequin including standard bearer but so far no other command models

As you can see the knights need some work on them, I ripped them all off the horses as they were stuck on wonky and they looked a bit crap but I have some bits on the way so I can make some repairs. The horses are good to go though and they'll be the most complex part of the paint scheme anyway :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That looks to be an amazing start Zero! Though why start from a black undercoat? Must have made it really tough to lighten

First unit for me this month stomps on, my Ancient Rylannor

Not based yet, as I'm unsure how to base these guys. Will hopefully be joined by a legion tactical squad by the end of the month

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks to be an amazing start Zero! Though why start from a black undercoat? Must have made it really tough to lighten
Thank you. Would you believe it ain't that bad. Foundation paints are great.

I use a slightly water downed Dheneb stone aka Rakarth Flesh and the wash it and the the same foundation paint with skull white mixture.

·
Registered
499 Posts
With all that has been going on with Heresy and work and dozens of other "distractions" I had to drop from this several months ago.......Sorry, all.

Humakt: How many are still participating? When is the year up? Do you think you will kick it in again next year?

I'm trying to decide if I have the time to pick it back up for the remainder of this year's competition.

I think I'd like to for the month of January and see how it goes. (BTW, I know I've missed out on the shiny badge, but I was in it to get my Lizardmen painted anyway.... I'll try to earn the badge next year.)

·
Registered
499 Posts
ZeroEffect:
I REALLY like the skin tone you got on Lelith! VERY realistic looking. Great work. I like the shadowing you've done. Looking forward to seeing her come more into focus as you fill out her details.

Barnster:
Great gold trim. What is your technique on gold?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thanks Apidude, I'm really old school when it comes to the gold, but I'm sure someone will be able to translate to the newer paint names

Couple of thin coats of shining gold

Wash with chestnut wash (I use a coat de'arm chestnut, it's much weaker than the old GW chestnut. I'm assured you get a similar effect mixing the current red and brown washes, but haven't tried myself)

Then a light over brush of shining gold

Edge of Burnished gold.

For the larger figs like dreads I also add a bit of mithril to the burnished for an additional final edging.

Its a few steps but I think its worth it

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Finally have free time to paint so I'll be painting these little guys over the next few hours. Then my free time goes away again. :(

Attachments

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Well after an hour and a half, they've gone from primer grey to 2 shades of silver with gold, tin, and blue highlights. But they're still too tiny to make out any real detail. >_>

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.