Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is the August thread for the Army Painting Challenge 2014-2015.
As mentioned elsewhere, I will be leaving the July thread open until Sunday 3rd August.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
25 Guardsmen to break down into a company command squad and a pair of guard veteran squads, along with a master of ordinance and a second astropath (ALL THE PSYKERS!!!!!) - Also, I'd primed my aquilla strong point last month but won't get around to painting it until this month, so I shall enter that as well. Pics to follow soon.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fucking hell, Nord..... :shok: The challenge is for a year you know :laugh:

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right, this month I will be doing the following:

Wani Terror Ship (1).
Support Air Wings (5).

The Terror Ship is this months actual entry, but I intend to do the fighters as well just to get them out of the way :)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
OK well I have been rubbish this challenge. I have failed to finish my entry 2 months in a row! SO to address this I will complete my converted dark eldar plague bearers. I feel I will have to pull all the stops out when we have a double entry month to catch up a bit.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
OK well I have been rubbish this challenge. I have failed to finish my entry 2 months in a row! SO to address this I will complete my converted dark eldar plague bearers. I feel I will have to pull all the stops out when we have a double entry month to catch up a bit.
You don't really have a choice now do you mate?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
You don't really have a choice now do you mate?
You would think that after running the challenge for the last few years I'd be on the ball, but alas life has been far too hectic as of late :(

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
That's a lot of plasma, Iraqiel! I can just imagine letting 20 plasma shots fly against some poor fool who comes too close... (though I assume they would be a CCS and 2 Vet squads, not a PCS and 2 Infantry Squads, judging by how many special weapons you're bringing... eh, close enough, and BS4, besides)

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's a lot of plasma, Iraqiel! I can just imagine letting 20 plasma shots fly against some poor fool who comes too close... (though I assume they would be a CCS and 2 Vet squads, not a PCS and 2 Infantry Squads, judging by how many special weapons you're bringing... eh, close enough, and BS4, besides)
It sure is - I was worried at first that bringing 12 plasmaguns (two in my scion command) to the table for 1000 - 2500 point games was going to be too unfair, but after two games my typical rolling sees me lose 50% of them to 'gets hot', throughout the game. This means they normally whittle down a squad of marines or bikers or whatever and then eat bolts and chainsword. This list has (currently) 6 flyers (planning for 9), which means boots on the ground are few and, being guard, not too difficult to displace and destroy.

Well, I've done my next entry this month and got photos for another - tearing through the backlog, thanks kindly to doing uni long distance.

Strongpoint:

And next up, Vengeance Batteries.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
It sure is - I was worried at first that bringing 12 plasmaguns (two in my scion command) to the table for 1000 - 2500 point games was going to be too unfair, but after two games my typical rolling sees me lose 50% of them to 'gets hot', throughout the game. This means they normally whittle down a squad of marines or bikers or whatever and then eat bolts and chainsword. This list has (currently) 6 flyers (planning for 9), which means boots on the ground are few and, being guard, not too difficult to displace and destroy.
I'd probably bring Kurov's Aquila for Preferred Enemy rerolls to those 1s and/or Primaris Psykers casting Prescience to save a lot of plasma deaths and make the shots more effective.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Primaris Psykers casting Prescience
Ah! Thanks for the reminder - the white metal model in my 'to do' picture above is a primaris psyker.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.